22’ Sisu bass

Sean P.

First Name
Sean
New to me 1986 Sisu 22’. I was wondering if anyone on here had any history or knew where this boat may of came from? I’m on long Island and i know that it spent some time in New Jersey. I’m new to this forum so any input, advice , Things to look out for would be greatly appreciated. Also theres no drain plug in this boat. Is that normal? Seems strange. Thanks in advance

B3D1B465-A622-4057-A2A8-1198F2938982.jpeg

5F55F306-5D64-464D-99AB-FB6BBF9CB5B5.jpeg

aweigh again

Boat Make
22 foot 1983 bass boat
i have a 1983 bass boat. there isn't a drain in mine either. I could not go without noticing the hunk of metal on the stern, Its an omc sea drive,also called a sea drag by mechanics who have worked on them. i had one on an old sportcraft i owned, very much a pain in my backside, it blew up in the middle of a trip one fine day . after sea tow brought us back i had a very nice time drinking my blues away at bills seafood in westbrook ct.

Sean P.

First Name
Sean
i have a 1983 bass boat. there isn't a drain in mine either. I could not go without noticing the hunk of metal on the stern, Its an omc sea drive,also called a sea drag by mechanics who have worked on them. i had one on an old sportcraft i owned, very much a pain in my backside, it blew up in the middle of a trip one fine day . after sea tow brought us back i had a very nice time drinking my blues away at bills seafood in westbrook ct.
Okay cool I wasn’t sure but i guess that’s how they come from the factory. Thanks man. The Transom is a little weak I’m gonna have to take it out and tackle that soon.

AW_Holland32

Congrats I’m from Huntington and was tempted to check that out as a project. I’m curious about the floor’s removable panels, not sure if that’s original. Seems like it could be a blessing or a curse. Good luck with her seems like a great starting point for the price. Staying Huntington area?

Sean P.

First Name
Sean
Congrats I’m from Huntington and was tempted to check that out as a project. I’m curious about the floor’s removable panels, not sure if that’s original. Seems like it could be a blessing or a curse. Good luck with her seems like a great starting point for the price. Staying Huntington area?
Thank man I’m happy with it. It’s going to be down on the south shore babylon area. From what I’ve heard the floor panels are original.

leaky

Captain
Sea drives are no different than the outboards of their time, excepting a few parts specific to the bracket.

Now a failure in one of those rare parts could be a pain due to availability, but otherwise they are just good tried and true outboards - as good as the outboard version of their day. You could pickup the equivalent outboard model (which would be decades of examples in some cases) and interchange the parts even.

Sean P.

First Name
Sean
Thanks for the responses guys. I have an Armstrong bracket to put on then a 150 merc going on the back of that. When I remove the sea drive I’m gonna have to replace the transom because there’s a few good sized holes for the sea drive and also a bunch of soft spots

eglicomet

Was this in Centerport? I believe I saw that boat on craigslist and commute right past Centerport (I work in Oyster Bay, live in St. James). Congratulations on the purchase!

Top Bottom