31 Duffy Downeast by Atlantic Boat Works

Bill

Administrator
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
I love these god damn boats
The Duffy 31 was designed by Spencer Lincoln in 1983. Her hull lines closely follow those of her larger sister the Duffy 35. The Duffy 31 is a built down, semi displacement hull with a fine forefoot and flat after section. She has the tumblehome and sweet sheer shared by all the Duffy's. Her original design as a commercial lobster boat made sea-keeping the top priority in her design. Over the years we have built over fifty Duffy 31's and they can be found lobstering all over the east coast.

We are offering a "basic utility boat" version of the 31 with all new deck molds for '05 launchings. The fit and finish of this utility boat is excellent and options can be added to bring the boat up to yacht finish. Down forward there are V-berths and space for an enclosed head and small galley. The main cabin length can be varied depending on your desires. All interior overheads have headliner with teak trim so that there is no exposed wiring. This utility boat comes standard with a 370HP six cylinder Yanmar diesel which produces a cruise at 20 knots. For those in a hurry we offer an upgrade to 440HP which will push the cruise to 25 Knots. The engine compartment is completely below the deck and sound insulated. The drive is conventional shaft with dripless seal. Construction is to our usual robust but finely fitted standards. Contact us for this "standard utility model" description and options.

duffy31-main-article-300.jpg

Bassin

Boat Make
Maritime Skiff
I Honestly thing i would do anything to get a duffy. They are one of the best downeast style boats.

Blitzen

Captain
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46, 1991 Boston Whaler Outrage 19
Just wondering, is this sight run by Atlantic Boat?

admin

Administrator
Blitzen said:
Just wondering, is this sight run by Atlantic Boat?
Nope just giving them a little press for making awesome boats

coddock

so is this boat for sale??? I am in the market for a 31 duffy!

admin

Administrator
coddock said:
so is this boat for sale??? I am in the market for a 31 duffy!
Coddock.. Ya These are the boats Atlantic Boat Works sells... google them and give them a shout and let them know where you heard about them!

coddock

Fully aware of Atlantic boats and Duffy.This boat was said to be a 2005 so I thought it may be used/for sale.
I can't afford/justify the 200,000 plus they (Atlantic)want for a 31' ! If I had that budget I would go to Andy @ Cape and Island boats...more reasonable and build a incredible boat!

admin

Administrator
coddock said:
Fully aware of Atlantic boats and Duffy.This boat was said to be a 2005 so I thought it may be used/for sale.
I can't afford/justify the 200,000 plus they (Atlantic)want for a 31' ! If I had that budget I would go to Andy @ Cape and Island boats...more reasonable and build a incredible boat!
Wow.. I have heard of them.. here is the site guys.. this guy knows what he is talking about...hopefully he gets on here and posts some of his projects

http://capeislandboats.com/Our_Projects.php

WhaleTail

The coolest 31 Duffy I have ever seen is 3 slips down from the Relentless in Green Harbor called " Shadowline" some people on here might know the boat as it is run by one of the best rod and reel tuna guys around.

Its a 31 walk around with outboards and no keel must be the scariest thing to be on when running fast.

Was just wondering if any has been on a DE hull with no keel and outboards?

CEShawn

Captain
Website
www.fishreaction.com
Boat Make
RP35
Funny about this thread, I was reading it out while hanging on the hook today for bluefin and about thirty minutes later I saw the Shadow Line go by, pretty interesting timing.

duxbait

Captain
ya Put (Shadowline) has one strange but awesome rig. would love to have a 'normal' 31 diffy rigged up with that walk around setup

Raider Ronnie

Captain
Lite User
Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

WhaleTail

Put had the boat repowered this summer those new engines are optimax. He had the pulpit on it earlier this season that was pretty funny

cbennett

Also notice the chair up in the bow. Those two outboards are now new mercs and the chair is off and a tower and pulpit are on. That was when I started fishing with them six years ago. I have the red shirt on. We typically fight fish from a rod holder 3/4 up on the side in the bow.

CEShawn

Captain
Website
www.fishreaction.com
Boat Make
RP35
Can you list the details again, was it a 2000/2001 and what size Cummins? Genset info? Thanks.

By the way, best line I ever heard was its not how much the boat costs, its if you can make the payments...

Last edited:
Top Bottom