32' Wegley build

powderpro

Captain
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
We started on this build a few months ago. It is a new 32'x12' Wegley sternpicker for the salmon fishery in Bristol Bay, Alaska. Sea trials will be early May, 2020. After sea trials I will be running it up to Bristol Bay, Alaska to fish in the 2020 season.

Specs: Cummins QSB6.7L 425hp keel cooled, dry exhaust. 2.5:1 reduction with troll valve, 26"x26" DQX prop. Solid glass hull, all structure is built with Plascore honeycomb core. 285 gallons single tank, 40 gallons fresh water. Sleeping for 4. There are 8 large insulated fish holds with a Refrigerated Seawater system to keep the salmon chilled onboard. I expect a 13,000lb. capacity under the hatches. It will have 3 station controls including a fly bridge. Engine controls are Glendinning.

The boat is being built it in a shop that I'm renting, so excuse the rough building. At least the boat is nice looking.

4.JPG 5.JPG 8.JPG 9.JPG

winterking

Captain

powderpro

Captain
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
The aluminum extension is allowed by regulation up to 18” in length. It cannot be flotation, it can only act as a trim tab. It accomplishes 2 things, extending the bottom of the hull for more lift while running, and keeps the net farther away from the propeller. The primary reason I installed it was to keep the net farther away from prop.

Ol Gilnetter

Lite User

powderpro

Captain
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
I don’t know, I need to email Cummins and ask. Engine is keel cooled, so can’t imagine it would be for flushing, my guess is Jerry is correct.

steveinak

Captain
Boat Make
31 BHM
beautiful work as always but why didn't ya stick a jet in it, nice to be able to run over corklines with no worries on the way back to the line for the next set.

Top Bottom