36' Wayne Beal flybridge

Bill_N

Captain
Boat Make
31' JC Rowdy Girl
Boat is anything but a cruiser
Maybe not, but for the fishing I do I need a lower helm. I'm not sure how the cockpit help is usable either unless it's just to bump the boat in reverse.

I love the boat other than that!

Last edited:

hardcore1

Captain
i have been running a bridge boat for the last few years. my intention upon purchase was to add a lower station inside. i ended up not doing so as there would be very few if any time that i would actually use that helm. visibility on the bridge and noise reduction are huge benefits to the bridge. my cockpit station gets used often when fighting fish of working wrecks and things like that.

Fishonnelsons

Captain
Website
Www.bethanncharters.com
Boat Make
38 Wesmac
I never had a bridge, now i do. I love the bridge, when in the act of fishing most. BUT, i also have a cabin station, and love that too, especially when im going out in the morning, cup of coffee, no wind, waking up. And when im coming in, customers want to be up top - if i like them i stay up top, if not i run from below.

So for me at least, if i ever change, i want both. Unless its a 90 foot viking with enclosed upper bridge da da da! When im surfing the net just looking though, not alot of the bridge boats that i like have that lower enclosed helm, the ones that do seem to be the older boats.

HUNTHARD

Captain
Boat Make
42 WESMAC
i have both and there is nothing better, night time and early morning i am inside with my feet up dry and warm. Day time looking for fish i am up top.
Those rough shitty days the ride is much better from in the cabin than on the bridge.