Captain
Lite User
Boat Make
Ho Made

ArchHibb

Captain
Boat Make
Five Islands 35 w/Cat 3116
Great Duffy. Wonder if she has that trick portside companion seat that reverses to face the dinette. Surprised as a 37 she doesn’t have a separate shower.

xbskt

Captain
Boat Make
28 Crowley Beal
Great Duffy. Wonder if she has that trick portside companion seat that reverses to face the dinette. Surprised as a 37 she doesn’t have a separate shower.
That dinette would not fly for Mrs. unless the copilot seat reversed as you say. The layout does have me thinking. It could be a way to cheat and get a shorter house and longer cockpit by combining the two seats into one reversible. PITA for a builder I imagine.
I will say the flat dash angle would drive me nuts.
Nice ride. Hope someone gets their dream boat.

ArchHibb

Captain
Boat Make
Five Islands 35 w/Cat 3116
That dinette would not fly for Mrs. unless the copilot seat reversed as you say. The layout does have me thinking. It could be a way to cheat and get a shorter house and longer cockpit by combining the two seats into one reversible. PITA for a builder I imagine.
I will say the flat dash angle would drive me nuts.
Nice ride. Hope someone gets their dream boat.
This is what I was referring to; from another Duffy actually.
Probably not too difficult to switch and allows the house to be a touch shorter to maximize the cockpit, which is my preference as well.

Duffy dinette_1.jpg

Duffy dinette_2.jpg

Duffy dinette_3.jpg

OysterMan

I have fished on this boat and she has been well maintained and not abused. Very nice rig.

Contango

Oyster, What is your opinion on the hull since you fished it? (37 or 38?) Broker standing firm that it is a 38 by Atlantic Boat. Thanks

OysterMan

Oyster, What is your opinion on the hull since you fished it? (37 or 38?) Broker standing firm that it is a 38 by Atlantic Boat. Thanks
Congotango,

Honestly I am not qualified to really offer an opinion, the owner is a friend who did not use the boat commercially but did a few canyon trips and fished the lower Chesapeake. I grew up commercial fishing in Maine and worked on the back of Duffys but spend most of my time here on a fleet of Carolina Skiffs and Carolina Skimmers growing oysters and clams. The boat I spend the most time on that is comproble is a 45 Provincial with a C-18 moored on the Guanacaste Peninsula of Costa Rica but that boat is a different animal in a different climate.

This Duffy is beautiful, comfortable, fishable and if I had the funds it wouldn't be posted for sale! Someone will end up with a sweet ride.

Contango

Congotango,

Honestly I am not qualified to really offer an opinion, the owner is a friend who did not use the boat commercially but did a few canyon trips and fished the lower Chesapeake. I grew up commercial fishing in Maine and worked on the back of Duffys but spend most of my time here on a fleet of Carolina Skiffs and Carolina Skimmers growing oysters and clams. The boat I spend the most time on that is comproble is a 45 Provincial with a C-18 moored on the Guanacaste Peninsula of Costa Rica but that boat is a different animal in a different climate.

This Duffy is beautiful, comfortable, fishable and if I had the funds it wouldn't be posted for sale! Someone will end up with a sweet ride.
Oytserman,
Thanks for taking the time to reply. That's a whole bunch more than your friends broker is interested in doing. I asked a few basic questions and he told me I needed to fly down and see her without answering anything other than it's a 38' hull. I hope it works out for him, but who has time to fly around in the hopes of getting to participate in the auction environment he's trying to create? Silly.

Blitzen

Captain
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46, 1991 Boston Whaler Outrage 19
Maybe the broker doesn't realize that there is a Duffy 38 and a Duffy 37 that they Screenshot (24).png are two different hulls, but all he would have to do is a little homework and find this:

Contango

Someone else finally got thru to him and they both called Atlantic and confirmed it's a 37.

Top Bottom