46 Flowers Boat Works swim platform

BillD

Captain
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
Nice. What drives it? I’d be interested in some of the mechanics of it.
John is not the type of boat owner that would install a neat slide out swim platform that the kids or wife will have to "crank out and back in" by hand :D
It would be neat to have the pictures of the mechanism !:)

Fishonnelsons

Captain
Website
Www.bethanncharters.com
Boat Make
38 Wesmac
Wow, after losing one this year because of the platform I can really appreciate that.

‘So many questions - where did you get the idea, other boats, websites? Sounds electric? On a new build only, too crazy on an existing boat?

Eastporter

Captain
Boat Make
Sold- 20' Eastporter (Rebuilt 2011) 22' Pearson Ensign
Amazing engineering there! Wow!

Blitzen

Captain
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46, 1991 Boston Whaler Outrage 19
Wow, after losing one this year because of the platform I can really appreciate that.

‘So many questions - where did you get the idea, other boats, websites? Sounds electric? On a new build only, too crazy on an existing boat?
I haven't seen anything like this on any other boats. It was one of the crazy ideas I had to try and keep my end of the deal with the wife. So when Dave Flower and I were discussing all the different options we could not come up with a plan that was going to make everyone happy. I pitched this idea to Dave thinking it was too complicated. Dave loved the idea and he knew in his head just how to do it. It is pretty simple, a recessed box into the hull that sits on top of the stringers and glassed in. The box was made around the platform to make a form fit and keep everything neat and clean. 4 stainless steel shafts are guides and support for moving it in and out, powered by two electric rams.
Swim platform round 2-1.jpg swim platform round 2-4.jpg

cb34

Captain
I haven't seen anything like this on any other boats. It was one of the crazy ideas I had to try and keep my end of the deal with the wife. So when Dave Flower and I were discussing all the different options we could not come up with a plan that was going to make everyone happy. I pitched this idea to Dave thinking it was too complicated. Dave loved the idea and he knew in his head just how to do it. It is pretty simple, a recessed box into the hull that sits on top of the stringers and glassed in. The box was made around the platform to make a form fit and keep everything neat and clean. 4 stainless steel shafts are guides and support for moving it in and out, powered by two electric rams.
View attachment 78558 View attachment 78559
How will you attach ladder?

Blitzen

Captain
Boat Make
Dive ladder drops into a mount on the hull.

Blitzen

Captain
Boat Make
John,
The dive ladder mount.
How many inches above the waterline are you attaching the ladder mount?
Not sure just yet Bill, have to get the ladder and size it up and see where it is going to work best in and outside the boat.

Keelboater

Captain
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
Very nice job! It is the perfect compromise for all on board and nobody can complain one way or the other. There is not much in boating that can hold up to that claim.

Top Bottom