5.7l mercruisers MIE 350 MAG MPI

Discussion in 'Used Marine Engines , Gears, Engine Parts for Sale' started by bluewatermaine, Feb 1, 2020.

1. bluewatermaine

bluewatermaine New Member

2001 Twin Mercruisers Fresh water cooled 300 hp each. Custom stainless manifolds and risers were installed to prevent back surge.They are both attached to velvet drive marine transmissions ,model 20-01-004 ,ratio 2.040:1
    Port motor is running strong as usual, with excellent oil pressure .500 hours
    Starboard motor has a new long block with about 20 hours
    Starboard motor is non functioning with the #5 cylinder blown due to an undetectable failure in the fuel injection.
    So here is what happened, I blew the starboard motor, Purchased a brand new long block ,bolted everything on and when we fired it up (shortly after warm up), oil was squirting out of dipstick tube and every other hole(base pressure) not good
    Mercruiser would not help me with warranty . It was the fuel injection to blame .
    I had twin mercruiser 6.2l 350hp installed late last summer.and I am selling the old motors, transmissions all linkage,gauges,pumps ,mounts ,fresh water cooling system, everything.
    I am happy to answer any questions,a certified merc mechanic will verify the story and condition of both motors
    please make me an offer my cell # is 207 446 8002