AIS Receiver

05bill

Captain
Boat Make
rp, willis beal
Purchased a economical AIS receiver that works great with the Navionics App., daisy 2 + dual -channel AIS receiver. Fellow in Redmond fabricates them, Wegmatt, LLC fellows name is Adrian, a very helpful person.Nmea 0183 .

Great addition as a navigation aid and inexpensive compared to all others that I have seen.

Bill

Genius

Captain
Purchased a economical AIS receiver that works great with the Navionics App., daisy 2 + dual -channel AIS receiver. Fellow in Redmond fabricates them, Wegmatt, LLC fellows name is Adrian, a very helpful person.Nmea 0183 .

Great addition as a navigation aid and inexpensive compared to all others that I have seen.

Bill
Cool. What did you need an antenna and power supply to the unit. Is it wifi or bluetooth? Pictures would be awesome, thx

05bill

Captain
Boat Make
rp, willis beal
Hi Genius, take a look an line for daisy 2 + ais, 89 bucks.. I purchased a Glomax splitter for 37 bucks, vhf, fm and ais and a 12 v connection. I power off tablet but also purchased a battery pack for 15 bucks .

Unit is wi fi . Take a look Wagmatt llc. He has a single channel and 2 channel, both very reasonable. The owner Adrian is extremely helpful.

Good luck .

Bill

Blacktide

Boat Make
Northern Bay 36
Any leads on a cheap transmitter. That company doesn’t seem make any. I’m more interested in being seen.

05bill

Captain
Boat Make
rp, willis beal
Sorry I dont .Send Adrian an email and ask him. I would be interested as also.

Bill

Genius

Captain
I don't see the WiFi option without additional equipment. The USB wouldn't work in my application for data, I usually have the iPad charging when in use.

Wharf Rat

Marine Electronics 'Professional'
Forum Sponsor
Website
www.precisionmarinecenter.com
Boat Make
OPB
Any leads on a cheap transmitter. That company doesn’t seem make any. I’m more interested in being seen.
I actually was able to score recently and purchase some remanufactured Raymarine AIS700's. Those are Class B+ (SOTDMA) which transmit at twice the power of the regular Class B's AND it has a built in splitter. Normally they cost $1000 but was able to get them for a little less than $600. Send me a PM if interested. I also have access to some less expensive units, but with the VHF/splitter (I do not recommend using any non-amplified splitter for a transceiver and the least expensive decent ones are around $200) so that AIS700 is a smoking deal. Wish I could I gotten more but the virus kind has limited what I can load up on right now.

05bill

Captain
Boat Make
rp, willis beal
I don't see the WiFi option without additional equipment. The USB wouldn't work in my application for data, I usually have the iPad charging when in use.
3 or 4 bucks for modular plugs right in.

2020-05-09 09.25.01.jpg

2020-05-09 09.26.05.jpg

Genius

Captain
So the WiFi module plugs into the aux serial port? Where did you find that? part number or info please.

I suppose I could power the unit through the NMEA0183 port.

05bill

Captain
Boat Make
rp, willis beal
Yes you can power through nmea0183.look up greekcreit DT- 06 wireless wifi serial port. 3 4 bucks 2020-05-09 09.46.20.jpg

Top Bottom