Benchtop Crimper

Discussion in 'Striper, Blues, Cod, Haddock, Hake, Sharks' started by Frank, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Retired
    Not sure what section to post this in so I'll start off here. Let me begin by stating that I have no prior experience in crimping wire or mono leaders. Always tied knots and used haywire twists. I reviewed Google quite thoroughly this morning and ended up buying a Dennis Braid heavy duty hand crimper for the boat and I'm thinking about a benchtop model for the shop. I would like to purchase an American made product and wanted to hear some input from you guys before doing so. They are not exactly cheap so I want to get it right the first time.

Thanks!

Frank

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  2. PinWheel

PinWheel Member

Fishing
    Home Page:
    Boat Make:
    Provincial 45
    Frank likes this.
  3. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Retired
    Will do. Thanks for replying!

Frank

4. jig boat

jig boat Member

Not sure what your crimping, But if I was looking for any crimper I would look at 3 places-
    Bhp Tackle, Trophy Tackle, and Tournament Cable. All 3 are top shops and won't steer you wrong. One problem with most bench top crimpers is they don't do the small mini crimps because the jaws are too wide. You might want to look at Nicopress. Pretty sure Trophy and Basil at Bhp carry them. Give all 3 a call and ask questions- You'll learn a lot. Good luck

5. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Retired
    I'll be crimping everything from assist hooks to offshore rigs. Thanks so much for posting this. I'll get on it today.

Thanks,

Frank

6. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Retired
    Went with Basil at BHP Tackle. I couldn't ask for a more knowledgeable, nicer person to deal with. Took plenty of time with me a never made me feel rushed. Highly recommended! Thanks for the heads up Jig Boat.

Frank

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019