Best wet exhaust hose?

CaptainHinckley

Captain
Boat Make
1998 29' Sea Ray 1980 Bruno Stillman 35
What are you guys installing in your boats for longer runs? Say 10’-12’. Vetus, Shields, Trident? Any idea what Commercial boats Use?
Time to replace the old hose.
I might need to get access though a deck plate.
Do the plastic deck plates follow the same sizing as better metal deck plates? Thinking I’d like to add plastic plate and replace with an affordable used aluminum or bronze plate when available.

Boat Make
2 Home made skiffs
What are you guys installing in your boats for longer runs? Say 10’-12’. Vetus, Shields, Trident? Any idea what Commercial boats Use?
Time to replace the old hose.
I might need to get access though a deck plate.
Do the plastic deck plates follow the same sizing as better metal deck plates? Thinking I’d like to add plastic plate and replace with an affordable used aluminum or bronze plate when available.
Just call Roses Marine in Gloucester, they will hook you up.

ThePartsGuy

Website
www.merri-maryachtbasin.com
We have been using more of the Shields corrugated series (252- series) has more flex to it for radius turns than the 250-series. We also use the Centek fiberglass exhaust tubing. They have straight 10ft tubes. elbows. 90*s , 45*s 180*s, surge tubes. ect.

Genius

Captain
Vetus has been the best I've come across. I used a short section of corogated hose for a sweeping bend the straight runs are Trident I think. For straight runs I'd use whatever is cheapest .

Old Mud

Captain
Lite User
Boat Make
Ho Made
Cappy, i think as Parts guy said. For long runs fiberglass exhaust tubing if you can get it in there. The big advantage is it dosn't need as many brackets. No sagging where water can lay in the winter. Another thing is it's less expensive than lets say 10 or 12 ' of Trident.

CaptainHinckley

Captain
Boat Make
1998 29' Sea Ray 1980 Bruno Stillman 35
Thanks for the information. the websites don’t distinguish any notable differences to me. Looking for the toughest affordable solution: best heat, abrasion, mold-mildew, and ease of installation yada yada. Currently attached at bronze through hulls then through two cradles and through one bulkhead between then connecting to a centec short muffler on a cradle running 10-12’ approximately then up hill 4’ to engine.
Can the fiberglass tube just rest on the cradle like the hose? Or does it need to be glasses to cradles?
Access is very limited. Probably going to have to add one or two small deck plates to complete to task and as usual on limited budget but looking for upgrade.

Old Mud

Captain
Lite User
Boat Make
Ho Made
Yes the tube can lay in the cradle. the weight of the hose ends will hold it down. It would also be good to make a surge tube if you don't have one yet.