Blue tooth speaker instead of boat stereo

Raider Ronnie

Captain
Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.
Boat doesn’t have a stereo or antenna for radio reception and honestly I don’t want one. Can’t stand commercials and certain types of loud music.
Every once in a while I do feel like listening to music (of my liking) either from my iTunes off my phone or Pandora.
Thinking of buying a good Blue Tooth speaker. Most every one I see either takes replaceable batteries or rechargeable batteries.
Looking for a suggestion for a good Blue Tooth speaker that is either 12 volts or I can plug into an outlet (inverter or my generator running) Possibly if I can mount of somewhere permanently.
Any & all suggestions welcome
Thanks.

WoundUpMarine

Captain
Lite User
Boat Make
26 Duffy, 14 Holland

southshore30

Boat Make
Calvin Beal/Southshore 30
Do you have a newer Garmin gps? Add a BB100 Bluetooth receiver. I’ve got one and it’s great. Link your phone and play pandora through it and your boats speakers. If not look at eco x gear. I have a ecorox speaker. Waterproof and a charge lasts a really long time. It has built it battery you can plug into USB port to recharge

hansk

UE Megaboom has been working great on the boat. waterproof and loud.

AW_Holland32

UE Megaboom has been working great on the boat. waterproof and loud.

The booms network so you can get 2 or more and sync them up too I’m about to replace my small boom have had it for like 7 years battery life pretty much shot and the plug connection is a little corroded but still works

Raider Ronnie

Captain
Website
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

southshore30

Boat Make
Calvin Beal/Southshore 30

Here is link for what I was talking about. Had mine going today while working on the boat in my yard. Launching tomorrow thankfully. less than $300 and hooks up via NMEA 2000. Garmin owns fusion so they integrate and can be controlled via the small control, your gps or your smartphone while underway

Seawayva

Boat Make
Tripp Angler 22' Flush Deck Cuddy
I would skip the Bose stuff and go with one of these, or two of these since they can be paired. Amazing sound great battery and under $70.
Plus it's waterproof. https://www.amazon.com/Cambridge-SoundWorks-WaterProof-Portable-Bluetooth/dp/B07NDPGH55

It's all I use on my boat and it can get as loud as I have ever needed.

Another option that I have in my classic car is a Bluetooth amplifier hooked up to speakers. I used this one and have been very happy with it. Amazon.com: Kenwood 1177524 Compact Automotive/Marine Amplifier Class D Kac-M1824BT, 180W RMS, 400W PMPO, 4 Channel

JonnyKelly

Boat Make
Stur-Dee Amesbury Dory - 17'
The booms network so you can get 2 or more and sync them up too I’m about to replace my small boom have had it for like 7 years battery life pretty much shot and the plug connection is a little corroded but still works
Love my booms. Have owned 4, gave two away to folks who were impressed with the sound. JBL are good too. Many of the newer Booms can also float...

AW_Holland32

I would skip the Bose stuff and go with one of these, or two of these since they can be paired. Amazing sound great battery and under $70.
Plus it's waterproof. https://www.amazon.com/Cambridge-SoundWorks-WaterProof-Portable-Bluetooth/dp/B07NDPGH55

It's all I use on my boat and it can get as loud as I have ever needed.

Another option that I have in my classic car is a Bluetooth amplifier hooked up to speakers. I used this one and have been very happy with it. Amazon.com: Kenwood 1177524 Compact Automotive/Marine Amplifier Class D Kac-M1824BT, 180W RMS, 400W PMPO, 4 Channel
Bluetooth amp and wired speakers is 100% the way to go on a new build imo

WoundUpMarine

Captain
Lite User
Boat Make
26 Duffy, 14 Holland

Raider Ronnie

Captain
Website
Boat Make
33 Flowers.
I've only used mine in the kitchen so far, the Duffy has a standard wired stereo and haven't had a chance to put it on anything else yet.

All mounted & wired up.
Pretty impressive considered it does everything in a compact unit (am/fm radio, auxiliaries 1&2, Bluetooth) and it sounds great.

Top Bottom