Caterpillar 3208 Natural and 73C for sale

Tonan

Fantastic running 3208 natural 215 hp engine in our restored Brownell 26 will be available fall 2020. You would be hard pressed to find a better 3208. The engine as I found her had never been run or worked hard as the boat is so light and was used primarily for pleasure. While we were doing an extensive rebuild on the hull I pulled the engine and had a full refurbishment done at RI Engine over the winter of 2018/2019 while we were restoring the boat. The 73C transmission 2:1 ratio (yes I know its old) was rebuilt at Atlas Marine Gear Supply including a new damper plate and all soft internals while the engine was at RIE. I have all receipts and this engine runs beautifully and transmission shifts perfectly. We are actually going for a smaller quieter 4 cylinder Yanmar 4LH and the Cat will need a new home. If you're interested and would like to come and run the engine, even sea trial, she will be in the water all summer (Mystic, CT) and will be gently removed this fall/winter, a the end of this season. The engine will include all wiring carefully labeled the cable run tach (with new cable operates flawlessly) and gauges for oil pressure, eng temp, trans oil pressure, amps and ignition switch. This engine needs absolutely nothing. The custom riser that you see in the pics is included and better yet it's made of monel (not iron) and in perfect condition as well. She runs at a dead steady 185F and loves to cruise at 2300rpm total engine hours before refurb 1700 and about 120 hours after. Every belt, hose, seawater pump, cooler, injector pump, gaskets, for and aft seals, alternator, starter, etc. etc. is either new or rebuilt the list is long but the result has been a great engine. Price is $9,500.00 feel free to call my cell any time 860 772 8870. Thanks Tony

New installed.jpg 3208 Pick up RIE.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom