Custom 1988 26 Seaway- TOTALLY refurbed

Discussion in 'Classifieds for Downeast Boats' started by JoFishes, Feb 29, 2012.

1. JoFishes

JoFishes Senior Member

commercial fishing
    Boat Make:
    Seaway, Kinnamon, Carolina
    Just out of curiosity. What is it you guys do not like about this boat now that it's pretty much a done deal?
    Appearance?
    Price?
    OB motor?
    location?
    fuel capacity?
    speed?
    Size?
    refurb?
    electronics?
    trailer?
    seaworthiness?
    fishability?
    As I said, just curious.
    Thanks for any input, Jo;)

2. Surfishingboy

Surfishingboy Senior Member

I like the boat! Not much of an outboard person but you do have the right one on there. The economy sucks. I had people offering my 25-30k for my 28 bhm with a practically brand new engine and in pretty damn good shape.

3. JoFishes

JoFishes Senior Member

commercial fishing
    Boat Make:
    Thanks surfishinboy,
    The economy is just a buyers excuse to get a boat cheap, IMO.
    There are still the "haves" and the "have nots" You (maybe, IDK) and..... me (for sure) are the have nots. Be that is it may, OK.
    I understand the OB thing, and appreciate your candidness.........
    Who else would like to chime in? Feel free to blast away.........I really want your opinions.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  4. nickyp

nickyp Captain

shipwright
    Boat Make:
    20ft dyer
    I always liked it. Just wasn't in the market. I don't mind the fwd slanting windows, west coast, or novi style. But I'll bet you that turned some people away. It's a bad ass commercial look, and I like it. But you have a chunky commercial house and an outboard powered boat, when most on this forum are diesel loyalists.
    Anyway, I'm glad you got it sold. Someone has a rock solid vessel.:)

5. JoFishes

JoFishes Senior Member

commercial fishing
    Boat Make:
    nickyp,
    Thanks for that input. I never considered the forward leaning,(bird caged) (west coast?) (novi?) style frontage a "turn off", nevertheless "chunky" looking , but I can sea where you're coming from.
    I guess...hard to pull it off with a 26'er. Looks better on maybe an MDI45'er, yes? or a 46'er Dixon, or LeBlanc? ? Then again, they are commercial boats too.
    To each his own.......I always thought that gave her a special look for a boat her size. Except for now, I have never heard anything but compliments on that look. I guess others were either giving me lip service instead of speaking their mind, or actually liked that look. She was unique where I unloaded my fish. Pretty irrelevant at this point but I would do it that way again, for several reasons.
    I hear ya about the OB. I know and have stated on here that it did NOT fit the true desc. of a downeast boat but I did NOT want an engine cover on my deck for workspace reasons, and except for the LL aspect (which ended up OK) it just made sense to do it that way.
    She will make a great cruiser with plenty of range and speed when necessary to be a sportfisher.....and still serve as a great part time comm. crab boat.
    Again. thanx for ur input......Jo;)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
  6. JoFishes

JoFishes Senior Member

commercial fishing
    Boat Make:
    Still holding.......

Took a large $$deposit on this boat last fall but the op has not yet paid off and she is still tucked away on her trailer in a secure storage yard near my house.
    I told op he has till 11/1/14 to finish the deal or I was going to relist at our agreed price of $45,000.
    I pulled the fish box and fishin gear and had the entire deck and cockpit professionally restored to where it was before all that stuff was added.
    Everything will still be included with the exception of the old garmin plotter and fishimg gear which is serving on another of my boats.
    A blank canvas for someone which is what he wanted.
    Stand by......Jo

7. JoFishes

JoFishes Senior Member

commercial fishing
    Boat Make:
    Well, She finally went down the road the other day to her new home in southwest Fl.
    All the truck driver could say was WOW, I think he really liked the boat too;)

CEShawn likes this.
  8. tunamojo

tunamojo Captain

Home Page:
    Boat Make:
    Holland 32
    Congrats !!!