Custom Tackle Center

Backnaction

I had this one done by boat outfitters, it’s built out of two stock units. The stock units were $2100 delivered to have them engineer a similar unit that was basically the same size was $4500. They are a good company and nice folks, but the engineering fees are beyond justifiable.

F2933253-6446-457F-98EC-7FFEA0E04F76.jpeg

0605E3F5-6F7C-49D4-88C4-EE41BAFC5B87.jpeg

A0789AA9-F586-42BF-A0F8-A1B915D46354.jpeg

Fishonnelsons

Captain
Lite User
Website
Www.bethanncharters.com
Boat Make
38 Wesmac

Backnaction

That’s great you could get a “stock” item times two, great price. I guess my engineering wasn’t major, or they forgot to charge me! My overall and drawer dimensions were custom, width and length, and the aft station door was totally new. They also sent me drawings of them. I wasn’t sure if I should go with the Plano box style, looking at yours I really do like it.

Your new boat is awesome by the way!
Thanks! I’m getting close to wrapping up the list of “changes” she’s very basic and that’s exactly why I bought her. I looked for a long time and everything was either too fishy or too yachty. Lifting rails are happening this week, prop next week and back in the water.

capt38

Boat Make
31' Eastern
Thanks! I’m getting close to wrapping up the list of “changes” she’s very basic and that’s exactly why I bought her. I looked for a long time and everything was either too fishy or too yachty. Lifting rails are happening this week, prop next week and back in the water.
Both of these units are beautiful, functional and appear well built. I had been looking around for a tackle center before seeing these, and have contacted Boat Outfitters for one of my own. They are taking a standard unit and making it a freestanding model. The cost is a little more but worth it for the finished product. Thanks for posting!

StowIt

Boat Make
Dyer 29 Bass, Boston Whaler 17 Montauk, building 38 flowers
Ok, last but not least. Finished tackle center. Plus, rear helm station. Lower door, pull out drawer, autopilot, on/off buttons, electronic shifter, electronic toggle lever for steering. After you use it, slide it back in so customers don’t hit it.Will use it primarily for backing into the slip, backing down on fish, or moving 50-100 yards here and there to stay over a school of striped bass. Forgot the bowthruster control, will have to probably put it on top of tackle center, aft starboard corner, we will see.
Have you been happy with the aft steering station now that you’ve had a chance to use it? I’m building a boat in Orleans. Where do you keep your boat? I thought you said Provincetown? I’d like to take a look at your setup since I’m thinking of doing something similar.
Thanks

Fishonnelsons

Captain
Lite User
Website
Www.bethanncharters.com
Boat Make
38 Wesmac

tunafishhkg

Captain
Boat Make
35 Duffy
love my FU lever for my stern station and have no issues fighting Giants due to steering. Should be able to set high or low speed if you want through settings If its an issue at least with simrad, At very least learning what you can do will help since timing is everything in the end game. A FU lever known position allows you to adjust for common actions of Giants for example, easily go to center rudder while fish is dogging straight but can turn either way giving quicker reaction rather than hard port to hard starboard if you just waited. IMHO

Fishonnelsons

Captain
Lite User
Website
Www.bethanncharters.com
Boat Make
38 Wesmac

themoose

Boat Make
duffy
I had this built over the summer by a vendor in Fla. also got quotes from almost all the vendors you mentioned. PM me if you want details.
Looks like a great job. I need a console built.
Could you give the name of this builder.
Thank You

StowIt

Boat Make
Dyer 29 Bass, Boston Whaler 17 Montauk, building 38 flowers
I had this one done by boat outfitters, it’s built out of two stock units. The stock units were $2100 delivered to have them engineer a similar unit that was basically the same size was $4500. They are a good company and nice folks, but the engineering fees are beyond justifiable.

View attachment 67712

View attachment 67713

View attachment 67714
have you been happy with your tackle storage boxes from Boat Outfitters? Are they mounted in the cockpit? Does your gear stay dry?

Downrigga

Captain
Boat Make
36' NB
I love it . Yes its very dry. Send me your cell and i will send some pictures. They will custom make anything you want. The shit dose not break either. Everyone i have sent there has loved the product.

Top Bottom