Custom Tackle Center

Discussion in 'Downeast Boat Builders (25 Ft+)' started by Fishonnelsons, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Fishonnelsons

Fishonnelsons Captain

Charter boat Captain
    Home Page:
    Boat Make:
    38 Wesmac
    Thank you. Yes, I was very pleased with the product and service.

2. Backnaction

Backnaction Senior Member

I had this one done by boat outfitters, it’s built out of two stock units. The stock units were $2100 delivered to have them engineer a similar unit that was basically the same size was $4500. They are a good company and nice folks, but the engineering fees are beyond justifiable.

Attached Files:

capt38 and Downrigga like this.
  3. Fishonnelsons

Fishonnelsons Captain

Charter boat Captain
    Home Page:
    Boat Make:
    38 Wesmac
    That’s great you could get a “stock” item times two, great price. I guess my engineering wasn’t major, or they forgot to charge me! My overall and drawer dimensions were custom, width and length, and the aft station door was totally new. They also sent me drawings of them. I wasn’t sure if I should go with the Plano box style, looking at yours I really do like it.

Your new boat is awesome by the way!

Backnaction likes this.
  4. Backnaction

Backnaction Senior Member

Thanks! I’m getting close to wrapping up the list of “changes” she’s very basic and that’s exactly why I bought her. I looked for a long time and everything was either too fishy or too yachty. Lifting rails are happening this week, prop next week and back in the water.

5. capt38

capt38 Member

Boat Make:
    31' Eastern
    Both of these units are beautiful, functional and appear well built. I had been looking around for a tackle center before seeing these, and have contacted Boat Outfitters for one of my own. They are taking a standard unit and making it a freestanding model. The cost is a little more but worth it for the finished product. Thanks for posting!

Fishonnelsons and Backnaction like this.