End of 2019 Fiscal Year - Blowout on All Lines!

Discussion in 'Precision Marine Center- Discount Electronics' started by Wharf Rat, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Wharf Rat

Wharf Rat Captain

Radar Tech
    Home Page:
    Boat Make:
    OPB
    Hey fam..

I hate using this forum as a way to directly increase sales, but I'm up against it where we need to generate some volume with a few of our manufacturers for the fiscal year of 2019. These online places are kicking our ass, not to mention a lot of these same manufacturers are selling directly to the end users these days.. it's just easier to 'Add to Cart' these days and I totally understand.. That said, I figured I'd at least put something here now to give everyone some time to contact me if there's anything you need.. a VHF antenna, a battery charger, lighting, safety gear, and of course any of the mainstays like GPS/Radar/Fishfinders..

For the rest of the year, we'll try to beat or match ANY online price out there, and if for some reason we can't.. I at least appreciate getting any chance to quote.

Drop me a PM with any questions on pricing and if possible, leave a good phone number or email as it's easier to talk about different options and applications over the phone.

Thanks to everyone on here for all of your support throughout the years, you guys are the f'n best and I can't tell you how much I appreciate being included in this community.

Silverfish, kevin g, Genius and 3 others like this.
  2. WoundUpMarine

WoundUpMarine Captain

Merchant Mariner - Engine
    Boat Make:
    26 Duffy, 14 Holland
    Chris, I'll be sending you an email tonight, I need some parts!

Bill and Wharf Rat like this.
  3. Wharf Rat

Wharf Rat Captain

Radar Tech
    Home Page:
    Boat Make:
    OPB
    Thanks JA.. Remember we're also dealers for Volvo Penta, Cummins and Yanmar.. Not my specialty but we have huge engine parts department upstairs manned 5 days a week. Have 2 of every cutlass bearing made, every filter for every diesel, bilge pumps, floats, hose, etc... crazy.

Bill likes this.
  4. Dslpwr

Dslpwr Senior Member

Sales and service
    Boat Make:
    35' Mitchell Cove waiting to be laid up
    Chris
    Sent PM, boat is in builders shop will be rigging in January

Wharf Rat and Bill like this.
  5. Wharf Rat

Wharf Rat Captain

Radar Tech
    Home Page:
    Boat Make:
    OPB
    Thanks again T for giving us a shot! Like I said, even if we don't get the gig, just getting a chance is all we ever ask for, and it's more appreciated than you now.

6. Wharf Rat

Wharf Rat Captain

Radar Tech
    Home Page:
    Boat Make:
    OPB
    Email replied. Thanks again JA, you might be one of the 2nd or 3rd client of ours once we joined the forum, and I can't thank you enough for everything you've done. Not the business, but all of the posts you've made recommending us. It's that kind of word of mouth that we depend on, which is why I don't do things like this, or post about rebates/promos, I feel like that's shit you get at THT and others, and as I've told many guys, I joined this forum to learn about why the GM26 (first DE I fished on) blew away every other boat in the conditions we were in, and wanted to know the ins and outs on every hull and the pro's and con's of each.

That's why I try to just stick to advice on electronics, not trying to just sell shit, but if you guys want me to be more proactive with 'sales' stuff to keep people in the know, let me know. I do this stuff after-hours for the most part, so it's a passion/hobby that turned out to help the business, but I never want to come across like those other guys who'll tell you what system you need before even knowing what kind of boat you're running or application you need.. that takes time to talk it over to get it perfect.. I remember another THT forum vendor coming on here years ago and telling guys they needed a transom mount transducer bundle on an inboard deep draft DE.. He was crucified! I loved it, and it's what makes this forum what it is. People who keep it real, knowledgeable but very very few 'know it all's' and it's unique. So again, thanks to everyone for letting me be part of this place, I've learned more than I ever thought on these boats and it's this crew that made it happen.

WoundUpMarine and Bill like this.
  7. Bill

Bill Administrator

Boat Make:
    27 Terry Jason
    Here it over and over again and have experienced it myself . Chris goes above and beyond to help his customers out whether it be with presale, during the install or after .. any questions he picks up and does whatever he has to do to make the customer happy. Works his ass off .

Bill,
  8. Wharf Rat

Wharf Rat Captain

Radar Tech
    Home Page:
    Boat Make:
    OPB
    Thanks for that Bill, appreciated but unnecessary. That said, never hurts to get an endorsement for the founder!

That said, over the past 24 hours I've gotten a ton of guys reaching out; especially on the engine parts side.

One thing to anyone who needs stuff like that; the discount structure year round is pretty standard;
    Wholesale Accounts - We do MSRP less 10% to 15%, depending on the factory and if we're provided part numbers, as we have a full time parts guy who sometimes has to spend a while IDing a bunch of copper washers and a lift pump for a engine with just a model number. Having the part numbers makes our life MUCH easier, where even I can quote and order the parts.

Yanmar, even as a Gold Plus Dealer, we get 25% off list. Not a lot to be honest. That said, for the rest of this year we'll work on less 12.5% from MSRP and split the margins if we have to do research, BUT if anyone here can provide the actual part numbers, we will work on 10% above our cost. Also, keep in mind guys, WE DO NOT HAVE TO COLLECT SALES TAX ON ANYTHING SHIPPING OUT OF NEW YORK STATE!

Obviously with a credit card we take a 3% hit at minimum, but worth it to get guys for the next few weeks to at least keep us in mind for parts, even though we technically don't need the volume this year for any of the engine lines. However, I would love to get guys here to at least give us a shot on everything from filters to water pumps, heat exchangers or gears.

Again, thanks for the endorsement, so much appreciated again. You guys are fam, and I hope I can at least take care of the people who have at the very least boosted my ego over the past years on this forum.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  9. Brainey

Brainey Senior Member

Manager - Environment, Safety and Health Departmen
    Boat Make:
    43' Atkinson

I'm still looking for a complete AP setup for the Atkinson. Want something SIMPLE . Thanks.

Attached Files:

Marc C likes this.
  10. Wharf Rat

Wharf Rat Captain

Radar Tech
    Home Page:
    Boat Make:
    OPB
    Hey Bill, left you a VM. Call me, found a way to use a simpler AP system to drive that monster rudder.

WoundUpMarine likes this.
  11. WoundUpMarine

WoundUpMarine Captain

Merchant Mariner - Engine
    Boat Make:
    26 Duffy, 14 Holland
    Home tomorrow, the sea lords willing, and I'll be calling you on Monday Chris!