For Sale: 2006 Ellis 36' in Rhode Island

Chappy

Website
www.northropandjohnson.com
Boat Make
Newman / Wilbur
Hello Forum Members,

Thought I would share a listing well suited for this forum and likely of interest... She is stored indoors in Jamestown, RI.

LINDA MARIE is a stunning example of the Ellis 36. She features a 500hp Commercially Rated Yanmar offering comfortable and economical cruise speeds anywhere between 12kts to 18kts, extended range fuel tanks, 12kw generator with PTO that does double duty as a get home engine, hydraulic bow and stern thrusters, Air Conditioning with reverse cycle heat, very recent Simrad electronics suite, an extremely versatile pilothouse and cockpit layout, as well as an immaculately maintained interior and exterior. One of the most highly detailed examples to come out of the Ellis shop, LINDA MARIE is fully found, sound and immediately ready for a new owner with no differed maintenance.

Full Listing and Specs:LINDA MARIE Ellis 36 Listing

Photo Slideshow: 202 PHOTOS TAKEN SEPTEMBER 2019

360-Degree Photos: 360-DEGREE PHOTOS TAKEN SEPTEMBER 2019

Profile.JPG

Last edited:

Wharf Rat

Marine Electronics 'Professional'
Forum Sponsor
Website
www.precisionmarinecenter.com
Boat Make
OPB
BEAUTIFUL boat.. Love the Ellis 36. Also love that Yanmar 6CX motor, IMO the best motor above 315HP that Yanmar ever made. That said, one really weird thing caught my eye in this picture below, which is actually the main picture for the listing..

Ellis46Garmin4G.jpg

For some unknown reason, someone decided to slap a Garmin label on what is actually Simrad (Navco) 4G Broadband Radar.. Aside from having the red '4G' label on the back as a partial giveaway, and the fact that it's got a Simrad MFD.. those FMCW Broadband Radars had the most UNIQUE radome design EVER!! As they literally had two phased arrays internally, mounted vertically one on top of the other; one for transmitting and one for receiving, while 99% of every other radar ever made has a SINGLE array that handles both Tx/Rx pulses. Here's a small pic of the internals of those Broadband units to show you guys what I'm describing.
Navico_Broadband_Radar_interior_small.jpg

The only reason I mention it is because that's what made those broadband radar's so easy to spot as they had such a crazy unconventional shape to accommodate the two arrays and their height. Just couldn't help myself pointing it out, just never seen anything like that even on radars that look similar in shape.. maybe the guy just didn't his friends thinking he had anything but Garmin electronics. Peer pressure..in this and age.

Who knows! Maybe Chappy?!

That said, for transparency purposes, I'd recommend to the broker to at least change this picture or PhotoShop it, as most people wouldn't look at the MFD and be 100%, and for those crazy guys who buy boats sight unseen (I've seen it TOO many times, not even a survey!), better safe than sorry.

sockeye

Boat Make
BHM 31
They also decided to rename the boat Eiram Adnil. What a funny name! I would tell the broker to have the captain turn that boat around, head in the opposite direction, and fix that name. They might even fix the radar label in the process...

Wharf Rat

Marine Electronics 'Professional'
Forum Sponsor
Website
www.precisionmarinecenter.com
Boat Make
OPB
They also decided to rename the boat Eiram Adnil. What a funny name! I would tell the broker to have the captain turn that boat around, head in the opposite direction, and fix that name. They might even fix the radar label in the process...
Sounds like an anagram, actually. Probably 'Marie Linda'.

sockeye

Boat Make
BHM 31
I had no idea what I was doing when I ripped the Evolution Drive System out of my boat. The cost to rebuild it seems trivial now compared with the missed opportunity to occupy a parallel universe where I actually catch fish.

Linda Marie with Simrad electronics cruising:

LindaMarie.JPG

Eiram Adnil with Garmin electronics quantum tunneling:

EiramAdnil.jpg

Would my Eniramyar radar have upgraded from digital to Doppler?

Last edited:

Chappy

Website
www.northropandjohnson.com
Boat Make
Newman / Wilbur
Thank you all for your constructive criticism, our marketing department (beyond my control) made a "few" changes to the profile photo on the listing itself which your good eyes have pointed out. If you look in the slideshow link, you will see the photos unedited as I took them. She does indeed have a Simrad radar/chartplotter too, very nice unit.

Last edited:

Ditchdigger

Captain
What is the meaning of the word deceptive ? How easy is it to get a good broker that can sell a Beautiful boat ?
Beautiful boat you have there !