free plans

gettes

Boat Make
Osmond Beal 36
Geez, you've put up a lot of awesome stuff for 27 posts...now free plans. Buy that man a beer. I don't know how to do it but can't wait to check them out. I'd like to build one for my boys at some point.

JSS4287

Website
www.facebook.com
Boat Make
26' Sisu
Something of around 17 - 19' of a trailerable work skiff are always a hit...Plywood construction?
Built tough but still able to use light power to make way at a decent clip!

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0721.jpg

El Mar

Captain
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, Grady white 268 Islander 250 OX66, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60
Very cool.

I would love to check out the plans to.

We build Brockway style skiffs in 12-20 foot range.

Fun projects to put together.

4breezes

Good looking little workboat, just about what I would want. Any idea when and where plans will be available?:p

Jesse lowell

I just designed the skiff this afternoon, when you folks say plywood do you want plywood over frames or stitch and glue construction?

Jesse lowell

Of coarse the more wood you put into a small boat the stronger it will be, but with that said a stitch and glue 18' skiff with 4 seats and a side deck glue with epoxy would take quiet a beating. 4 seats would make for 6 bulkheads.

4breezes

I would think that ply over frame would be perhaps easier and stronger, but I'm far from being an expert on this.

Is your design, the one you're currently working on, going to look something like the two images earlier in this thread? What I have in mind is something like those two, or similar to an 18 foot Brockway.

Do you have any initial drawings of a prototype? For what I think you're designing, utility would take priority over beauty.

Albert Jr.

Boat Make
Boston Whaler, Alliance and other random brands
Subscribed, interesting plan and nice looking skiff.

4breezes

Whatever happened to this? Did I miss something along the way? Were plans ever published?

bub147

Stich and glue would be far more functional once built and Is a far superior constrcution method. Lighter , stronger, potentially less thwart ship framing . My next project will be a skiff in this range size and Id be all over a stich and glue plan set . Thanks Jesse. Looking forward to it.

satx78247

To All,

I realize that this thread is OLD but nonetheless I'm looking for simple to build plans for a traditional-style WORK SKIFF (something like a Brockway) with an outboard in a well & that is about 20 feet down the centerline.
(I have a "F-Model" fifty-five horsepower rebuilt/long-shaft HOMELITE 4-cycle OB to power it.)

Tack & Tape or Stitch & Glue construction would be NICE.

yours, tex

satx78247

Whatever happened to these Skiff plans ??......Thanks, Jim
Jim,

I'd really like to know the same answer. - I found this site while looking for simple to build & STURDY work-skiff plans from 17-22 foot & now the plans seem to have evaporated..

yours, tex

synthnut

Senior moment........ I didn’t realize soon enough that this was an older thread......DUH !!!!