Help IDing a cutlass bearing removable tube??

Dr Rosemary

Boat Make
Morton & Hersloff 31
Hey all, looking to replace this old two bolt cutlass tube. It sits behind a wet keel and is held in with huge brass lag bolts. Got it off and the cutlass bearing out of it. Can someone help me with manufacturer or how else I can identify the removable housing? Came off a 1977 31’ JC, Morton and Hersloff finished hull. Thanks for any help.
Capt Charlie BACBF4F9-0F57-4CFC-A104-D70A604EEF8F.jpeg 4673EBB5-AA4D-449E-BC41-D5B160A4D2DE.jpeg 76EA6C55-2A6D-4122-8BF2-AC36D1A78658.jpeg 3E557C67-F50D-49C5-B8BE-E56697FEA154.jpeg

Dr Rosemary

Boat Make
Morton & Hersloff 31
Thanks for the replies all. I’m going to do some cleaning on the housing today and see if there are any marking on it. The cutlass was destroyed getting it out. And the wonderful individual who installed put about half a tube of 5200 inside the most inside portion of the bearing when they installed it, enough to fill the void between the shaft and housing(they didn’t pull the housing when replacing the bearing)so I doubt any water could enter to lube the shaft against the bearing (tiny grooves in the rubber), so that’s why it was so worn out..
Again thanks Genius and Tunatown for the thoughts.. any idea of where I can purchase a new housing? Or just clean and reinstall? It has three fairly deep cuts from others, and one from me, using a hack saw blade to split the old cutlass bearings for removal. Maybe repair the cuts??

ShaftMan

Website
www.rosesmarine.com
The housing looks to be in decent shape. Where are you located? we here at Rose's could take a look at it for you and if its usable replace the bearing for you
call Rose's
978-283-3334

Dr Rosemary

Boat Make
Morton & Hersloff 31
Shaftman, I do really appreciate that. I googled Rose’s marina and it’s only 472 miles from me. Hehe I am in Queen Anne’s county Maryland. Actually wish I was up north at this point, where the DE knowledge seems to be second nature.

I can’t find anything on the google machine about Moffitt cutlass tubes or stern tubes/shafts.. do they even still make them? I think I can get the cutlass bearing from West Marine.. just figured I would exhaust all efforts of replacing a weakened shaft tube if I could.

Dr Rosemary

Boat Make
Morton & Hersloff 31
Lol, I had to chuckle a bit. The young lady who answered the phone was super nice. I mentioned bring it up to have them look at it. I guess with the KungFlu virus scare she requested I send pics first... she was thinking for both of our safety!! Wonder how much toilet paper this ones going to cost me?
thanks again all and stay KungFlu free!!:)

Dr Rosemary

Boat Make
Morton & Hersloff 31
Again thanks for the housing ID. It was checked and is within tolerances. So got the new cutlass or Cutless bearing. Been searching Duramax and Johnson sites for a few hours to get info. Anyone know the reason for the red dots on the end? Clocking? Making sure rubber/sleeve doesn’t move during install? Again any info is appreciated.

199967D7-1FC1-4568-A0FA-8B823B83B2EC.jpeg

C5752994-B8D7-424A-AEBC-86A13971B0D9.jpeg