I'm new to Forum - have 2003 Acadia 32' - Great boat!

Derf

Boat Make
Atlas Acadia 32
So then tell us about your boat.
Our Acadia 32' "Duet" is (I believe) a Spencer Lincoln Design built in 2003 by Atlas Boat Works in Fort Myers, FL. It is 32' LOA, 11' 6" Beam, 3'+ draft with 370 Yanmar diesel and bow thruster. I cruise at 16 knots. Top end at 3400 rpm is 22 knots. Galley is up with settee with captain's and mate's chairs. Huge V bunk below with settee and head with separate shower. Is is a very dependable and comfortable boat.

Pat D

Boat Make
Atlas Acadia 32
Hi Derf. I saw your post and am now a new member as well. I also have a 2003 Atlas Acadia 32. We keep it on the Sassafras River in the northern Chesapeake Bay and have had it for 2 seasons now.

Derf

Boat Make
Atlas Acadia 32
Hi Derf. I saw your post and am now a new member as well. I also have a 2003 Atlas Acadia 32. We keep it on the Sassafras River in the northern Chesapeake Bay and have had it for 2 seasons now.
Hi Pat,

It is nice to hear from another Acadia 32 owner. I bought ours from a real estate lady in Punta Gorda, FL 7 years ago, and she still has a photo of it in her boating magazine ads as "Listing Lady." Mine has the Yanmar 370 currently with just over 1000 hours and runs great at 16 knots + or - 2900 rpm. We did do some major interior remodeling because the vinyl liners were moldy, but otherwise she still has the 2003 upholstery.

Fred G

Pat D

Boat Make
Atlas Acadia 32
We bought ours in Ft Myers Beach and had it trucked up north two years ago. Believe the original owner was in South Carolina and then sold it to the Florida owner. We appear to be the third owner. Prior to us the boat was always kept on a lift. We have the 315 HP Yanmar with about 700 hours on it. It was advertised with the bigger engine but once we looked at the nameplate we realized its the smaller turbo. Performance seems acceptable as we usually are going trawler speeds.

We have that same "mold" on the vinyl liners. After some research it appears its the glue used coming through the material and not actually mold. Better from a health standpoint but does not help the appearance!

Last year we rebuilt the NextGen Generator as it was water locked and seized. This year we are putting "plasteak" on the coamings and Interprotecting the bottom.

Some additional pictures below. We love the boat and plan to do the great loop year after next with her.

IMG_4740.jpg

IMG_3780.jpg

Boat Make
19' custom wooden skiff
That's a nice looking and proportioned hull and design. Its what I would call an expanded Rosebough sp? trailerable cruiser. What is the draft?

djmarchand

Captain
Boat Make
Atlas Pompano 23 outboard
Pat:

When you rebuilt your NextGen genset, did you install the upgraded exhaust/water injection elbow? The old one may have been the cause of your water locking incident.

David

Pat D

Boat Make
Atlas Acadia 32
Pat:

When you rebuilt your NextGen genset, did you install the upgraded exhaust/water injection elbow? The old one may have been the cause of your water locking incident.

David

Thanks. I was in contact with the folks at NextGen while I did the rebuild. They were very helpful and recommended the new exhaust elbow. I installed it and have 25 hours on the rebuild. Hope it keeps working. Pat

Pat D

Boat Make
Atlas Acadia 32
Derf - I am jealous! That is gorgeous. Puts mine to shame What did you use for the headliner?

Derf

Boat Make
Atlas Acadia 32
Derf - I am jealous! That is gorgeous. Puts mine to shame What did you use for the headliner?
Pat, I didn't do the work. A couple, now retired, worked out of their boat in the Fort Myers Municipal Marina. He was the carpenter and she did the vinyl. For the flat surfaces they made panels rather than direct glue the vinyl. The teak strips hold the panels in place. Not much help I'm afraid. Fred

Pat D

Boat Make
Atlas Acadia 32
Our Acadia 32' "Duet" is (I believe) a Spencer Lincoln Design built in 2003 by Atlas Boat Works in Fort Myers, FL. It is 32' LOA, 11' 6" Beam, 3'+ draft with 370 Yanmar diesel and bow thruster. I cruise at 16 knots. Top end at 3400 rpm is 22 knots. Galley is up with settee with captain's and mate's chairs. Huge V bunk below with settee and head with separate shower. Is is a very dependable and comfortable boat.
Hey Derf. What led you to believe our Acadia 32 is a Spencer Lincoln design? I talked to Acadia in FL but no one there seems to know who designed the 32. I certainly looks like an MLP 30 an some of his other designs to me but I have never been able to confirm it. Tx Pat

Derf

Boat Make
Atlas Acadia 32
Hey Derf. What led you to believe our Acadia 32 is a Spencer Lincoln design? I talked to Acadia in FL but no one there seems to know who designed the 32. I certainly looks like an MLP 30 an some of his other designs to me but I have never been able to confirm it. Tx Pat
Hi, Pat. I remember talking to Tom Ganso about the Acadia 32' at Atlas Boat Works back around 2003 and I believe he said it was a Spencer Lincoln Design. Memory is fuzzy now, because I didn't purchase "Duet" until much later. I remember some conversation about the hull mold coming from somewhere Downeast and something about Atlas making or changing the deck mold. If you compare the profile of the Acadia to a Zimmerman 36 (Spencer Lincoln Design) they look identical. An interesting side note. When the boat was hauled for survey, I noticed an irregularity in the shape of the keel just forward of the prop on the port side. I asked Tom about it, and he said something about putting a filler in the mold to modify the shape of the keel. That would indicate that the mold came from somewhere else and Atlas was tweaking the design. Derf (Fred 239-823-8486) call anytime - Central Time for the summer).

ARC

Boat Make
31’ eastern Casco Bay
98B9EB0B-7A82-4F37-AFDF-C25DDA2C8258.jpeg This [orange} is the latest version for the 3.5 Next-Gen exhaust

Pat D

Boat Make
Atlas Acadia 32
Hey again Derf - I was looking at your pictures again today. Your windows are in really good shape. Did you replace them as part of the refit and if so who built them? Mine are in pretty rough shape with corrosion damage to the aluminum, especially on the front outside windows. Thanks. Hope this virus ends so I can launch this year. Our yard is closed but letting boaters in to work on their boat. But now the MD Governor has instituted a shelter in place law so no more driving to the boat.

Derf

Boat Make
Atlas Acadia 32
Hey again Derf - I was looking at your pictures again today. Your windows are in really good shape. Did you replace them as part of the refit and if so who built them? Mine are in pretty rough shape with corrosion damage to the aluminum, especially on the front outside windows. Thanks. Hope this virus ends so I can launch this year. Our yard is closed but letting boaters in to work on their boat. But now the MD Governor has instituted a shelter in place law so no more driving to the boat.
Pat, the windows are original and the forward frames are corroded on the bottom edge. They might be from Bomar, but I'm not sure. Derf

Top Bottom