Interested in a radar

Discussion in 'Precision Marine Center- Discount Electronics' started by Billyclub, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Billyclub

Billyclub Senior Member

Have had some serious fog this Summer and the area I navigate is laden with hazards. I think it's time I start looking for a radar for my Ocean Master 27. I fish commercially June through November for BFT and don't want to worry about fog prohibiting me from going.
    Im looking for a reasonably priced reliable unit. Open or closed array is fine, dedicated display or one that is compatible to a Gen 2 Lowrance HDS8.
    Any thoughts?

Chris, I've sent you a couple of emails, maybe I dont have your correct address

2. legend3521

legend3521 Member

Spoke to him at the beginner of this week while he was waiting for a fly to Florida for a trade show. Not too many electronic salesman pick up their cell phone calls while they are off from work. Way to go Chris. I'm sure he will reply back as soon he come back.

3. Jackson

Jackson Senior Member

Best inexpensive radar that I payed with was an old garmin 3210 (about $400 used) and a 18" garmin dome (about $1k). You get an overlay feature and it reads boats/bouys clear with good separation. Not the system you want to find birds with though :)