Is installation safe?

Wharf Rat

Marine Electronics 'Professional'
Forum Sponsor
Website
www.precisionmarinecenter.com
Boat Make
OPB
Thanks for this. I was thinking the PN 1214 would be fine for me. On a 23 Ft sailboat can't see a need for more than two circuits and 2 15 amp circuits would use full 30 amp capacity if both running at once at full capacity anyway (eg small fridge and heater).

So just to clarify, do you still see a need for an usolator even on a boat like mine with no metal in the water and because of this no link between the AC green and the water? Without this how would any stray AC current enter the water and affect either my boat or neighbours boats?
I would imagine you have a shaft? Prop?

speedwagon

Sorry to hijack but whats the minimum safe method to only run a 120v 8.4A block heater?

30A AC Main with Reverse Polarity detection and do I need another 10amp breaker/switch panel?

Highlander

Boat Make
Aquarius 23
You absolutely want at the very least a dedicated 30A AC Main with Reverse Polarity detection. You could still put on of those in and then feed it to the branch breakers.
Something more like the 8027?
And most importantly, thru hulls for a strainer/seacock. Those melt, boat sinks. At that point you're depending on a hose and hose clamp as your last defense.
Outboard only so no shaft. No through hulls. Very simple setup.

Top Bottom