looking for a 42' bruno project.

Discussion in 'Classifieds for Downeast Boats' started by fat2nawilly, Dec 5, 2016.

1. fat2nawilly

fat2nawilly Senior Member

im looking for a 42' Bruno project or maybe something similar that needs a rebuild. anyone know of a hull that's sitting around? any info please call or text me with details. Thanks Brian 508-737-6069

1 person likes this.
  2. Genius

Genius Captain

Sent you a text

3. AW_Holland32

AW_Holland32 Senior Member

On facebook

Maine commercial fishing page

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  4. 4dtough

4dtough Member

Brunos are awesome boats but be careful, you can get into a huge mess with the coring. I restored one for myself last year (replaced some of the balsa) and I'm in the middle of doing one for my sister's boyfriend right now. The coring was completely shot and we took it all out and layed up inside to make it solid glass. His surveyor told him it was fine, lol.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  5. fat2nawilly

thanks guys i looked at that one on Monday and there was to many issues with the hull. 4dtough did u buy the one from Plymouth ma?

6. Cleanlines78

Cleanlines78 Senior Member

Sprinklerfitter
    Boat Make:
    27 nauset lobster
    42 Nauset lobster/tuna 1996 solid glass

I'm no expert, and maybe someone csn correct me if I'm wrong. But I thought nauset had the 42 bruno mold. I thought this boat was advertised as a nauset / bruno.

7. 4dtough

4dtough Member

I did buy the one in Plymouth. Naeset had the mold but they shortened it to a 38 and then destroyed the 42 mold

8. fat2nawilly

currently still looking. anyone know of anything else? MA,RI,CT,NH,ME area?

9. El Mar

El Mar Captain

Boat Make:
    43 Tiara Open DDEC, Grady white 268 Islander 250 OX66, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60
  10. fat2nawilly

funny u sent me this El mar, i came across this the other day and couldn't believe me eyes. why would someone do that to such a great looking hull.

1 person likes this.
  11. jdickau484

jdickau484 Senior Member

you see this one?

Attached Files:

• 42.JPG
      42.JPG
      File size:
      63 KB
      Views:
  12. fat2nawilly

yes i did, I spoke to him last week. I mite go look at it this weekend. thank you

1 person likes this.
  13. leaky

leaky Captain

I don't know where it was advertised, saw it pop up a few times but there was an owner in nova scotia having a real hard time getting rid of one for awhile. It very well may still be sitting, was down to like 30K for a turn key boat (never saw it in person, sure it had some rough edges, but if it was in the US I bet it'd still go for twice that quickly)..

Solid glass NH built 42 Bruno from 1981, had a cummins C series that was running well but was also rebuildable down the road if need be. I also did some checking in the event the country it was built came into question, and found I could have it certified and documented as a US built commercial fishing vessel if needed via any US boat builder (ie coast guard form gets filled out saying it's a US built boat, which it was). For me it ended up being more boat and stress than I wanted to deal with and never made the trip up, however you could reasonably steam it to Maine from where it was at.

Anyway - I will PM you the guys email, was still sitting in about early 2015, very well may still be there.

Jon

14. Jimbow

Jimbow Member

Send me the info please

15. traditions

traditions Captain

Boat Make:
    38 Holland
    There is a black one on facebook, under maine commercial fishing gear page,

16. fat2nawilly

leaky- thanks I will send him a email and see what happens.

17. CaptainHinckley

CaptainHinckley Senior Member

Agriculture, Horticulture
    Boat Make:
    1998 29' Sea Ray 1980 Bruno Stillman 35
    Brian
    There is A blue? hulled 1972 42' Bruno listed on Facebook maine commercial fishing group for 50k. Some work done recently

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  18. fat2nawilly

thanks guys im trying to go look at the blue/black one soon.

19. fat2nawilly

documentation ??

I found a bare bone solid glass hull yesterday that someone lead me to. im interested in it but the guy doesn't have any documentation for it due to the old owner passing away years ago. The guy that owns it now bought it from a boat yard for the storage fee's. there was no hull number on transom or anywhere that I could see. Is it possible to get new documentation for it? what would I have to go through to get it?

20. leaky

leaky Captain

Yes there is a way to do it, I would start by going to the CG website for documentation and/or calling them to see what the process is. That boat from Canada I mentioned, when I was looking into it one concern I had was there was very little documentation, the hull numbers had become obscured, and being in Canada and a 42 ft I was concerned over not being able to document it as a commercial fishing boat later. There is a process by which you can have a form signed off by a US boat builder that says what sort of boat it is and confirming where it was built, basically creating the right status.

The hull number for the bruno you are looking at may be inside the boat though, I would expect to see it forward of the bulkhead somewhere, not because I'm real familiar with that boat but because that's where I seem to see them on some DE's..

Since the boat is already in the US though it may be as simple as checking with your state on how you would go about registering it; most likely they have a simple process to assign you a new number for a boat, especially one that is 70's vintage. Once you've got a hull number you could document with that. In NH it used to be done at the DMV, which was not hard either, but now days they take care of this sort of stuff at the town hall, the key thing would be making sure they designate it as a Bruno Stillman (if that's the actual builder), as sometimes they just pick any name (ie the old lady may just decide "Bertram" is close enough and that could cause some question later, I own a 1973 "Stamas" for the same reason :) )..

Jon