Marine Epoxies and Poly Resins

admin

Administrator
Does anyone have any decent expoxy experience? We all know west systems.. expensive and if you are doing a big project just not worth it.. I tried aeromarine epoxy and I think I got it deleivered from CA for $255 for a 5 gallon jug which included the hardener...I had great results...Anymore companies out there that you guys could suggest? what about Resins? I got some this winter from a guy that was unwaxed Reichhold.. I got great results with this stuff too.. basicallly looking for the best products for the cheapest price of course...

cobia23

First Name
Paul
I have been using US composites epoxy on my boat build. Its been great to work with so far, it does blush a little bit, but other than that its great stuff. The customer service it good, and there epoxy is the cheapest price wise that I have found.

tomy

Boat Make
36 Wayne Beal
either of you guys have web page for these products? :?:

tashmoo2

Go to Classicseacraft.com/repairs and read the top thread by Strick. He has rebuilt at least 3 Seacrafts, 2 with epoxy and 1 with vinylester resin. Vinylester costs less than epoxy but more than polyester. I know polyester will not adhere to epoxy very well and am not sure about vinyl on epoxy. The problem you create when some of the boat is epoxy and some polyester is that you have to continue with epoxy unless you are making components and adhering them with epoxy.

Joe at Mertons knows a lot and will give you good advice plus competitive products. He has been in the business over 30 years. I buy as much as I can from him. I am not partial to System 3 because it crystalizes. They seem to like it on West Coast. They have good information you can download.

Downeaster

If you're looking for a local supplier of layup materials, Jamestown Distributors (Bristol RI) has it all including exotics like Kevlar and carbon fibre. They carry a number of epoxies from different manufacturers.

Eastporter

Captain
Boat Make
Sold- 20' Eastporter (Rebuilt 2011) 22' Pearson Ensign
I used Jamestown Distributors for most of my boat rebuild- prices are high but they carry almost everything and ship same or next day if in by a certain time of the day. They run deals once a month or so to get shipping for free if you are a VIP customer. UPS service = fast delivery.

Top Bottom