Marine Monitor Displays

Fishonnelsons

Captain
Website
Www.bethanncharters.com
Boat Make
38 Wesmac
I have a Garmin network setup, 1242’s.

Can I attach a less expensive non-garmin marine display to this network? If so, will the display only show one function, like radar, or can you set it up so you can switch between radar/gps/sounder etc?

Looking to setup a larger screen, 17-19 inch, but not pay $6000 for a garmin do it all

Wharf Rat

Marine Electronics 'Professional'
Forum Sponsor
Website
www.precisionmarinecenter.com
Boat Make
OPB
I have a Garmin network setup, 1242’s.

Can I attach a less expensive non-garmin marine display to this network? If so, will the display only show one function, like radar, or can you set it up so you can switch between radar/gps/sounder etc?

Looking to setup a larger screen, 17-19 inch, but not pay $6000 for a garmin do it all
You can use the HDMI video output to run it to an external monitor, but it will simply be a 'repeater' of whatever is on that particular display.

NMEA2000 is a low-bandwidth data protocol that is really only able to carry packets for numerical values like depth, position, heading, etc. For a fully 'independent' unit that you can operate just like another display, you need the ethernet networking which carries all 'video' imagery like the radar, fishfinder, charts, etc.

Drop a PM to TheMonitorMan here on the forum, Jason. He's our rep for AG Neovo who makes a higher grade 'ProSumer' style of monitor that has a bonded LED display and we've used them on multiple projects where going with a 5K 17' 'Marine Monitor' wasn't in the cards.

Top Bottom