Montauk to Manasquan

Rockasauras

Captain
Never been to Montauk and may have an opportunity to run out of Star Island around the tip then back over to Manasquan inlet. Anything in particular to be wary of coming around the east side of LI before heading west to Manasquan ? or is it clearly marked ? Restaurant suggestions in Montauk ?

Thanks in advance

ARC

Boat Make
31’ eastern Casco Bay
Montauk light aim for Manasquan Inlet. “ Bob’s your Uncle”

Dr Dude

Captain
Lite User
Boat Make
Fortier 33 , McKeeCraft 28

ErikT

Lite User
First Name
Erik
Boat Make
Crowley Beal 28

Dr. Chip

Boat Make
Bruno & Stillman 35
PS. I agree with Erik on The Inlet restaurant. Its very good, but perhaps not quite as good as Gossmans.
The Inlet is our off-season spot as Gossmans village (there are other shops including an awesome seafood/butcher shop, in the little village they have ) closes in Nov.

You realize Montauk is under Covid-19 restrictions.Dining inside is half capacity. Most places its take out or outside dining.

Rockasauras

Captain
I figured there would be some restrictions and was going to call around to check the status.
Thanks to all for the suggestions !!

captjohn

Captain
Boat Make
Henriques
Running out of cold beer on the way!!!! Easy ride on a good day. Might want to fish around Montauk before leaving!!!!

captjohn

Captain
Boat Make
Henriques
In state waters, yes. But not in federal waters. But then again, it's where you land it that is an issue as well. If you have a NJ license, and the fish doesn't meet NJ regulations, you could have a problem. Now technically, if you land a Striped Bass in NY waters, and cruise on home, and get stopped in federal waters on the way, they can fine you for fishing in federal waters. But if you land fluke, or sea bass, your probably fine. But I suspect your not going to have a problem.

TCL

Boat Make
Sabre 36 The Captain's Lady
Although I have never done it, another option if weather is snotty is to run west between the North and South Forks to the Shiniocck Canal .

captjohn

Captain
Boat Make
Henriques
I love heading in Shinnecock inlet and going the north route. Pay close attention to the channel markers as you head up to the locks, their isn't much water outside the channel markers. And make sure you have enough clearance to get under the bridge. It can also get a little interesting when the locks are open, but the ride is beautiful. I highly recommend it!!!

Top Bottom