NEW 35' Duffy Build

Haddock

Boat Make
23' Maritime Marine Voyageur
Thanks for all the compliments. The 35' Duffy is an exceptional well designed downeast boat, I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a boat in this size.
And I would highly recommend you do the build based upon your posts and attention to detail and expertise! Come on Powerball!

c1steve

Captain
Powdepro,

Could you post some photos of the helm and inside of main cabin? The most recent interior images were taken just after the interior gelcoat work was completed. Nothing with everything assembled. Thanks.

s

powderpro

Captain
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
Powdepro,

Could you post some photos of the helm and inside of main cabin? The most recent interior images were taken just after the interior gelcoat work was completed. Nothing with everything assembled. Thanks.
The interior is still being outfitted by the new owner. My part of the build has long been finished, so the interior pictures I have were from months ago. (These are work in progress pics) The dash pictures are just a mock-up, no cuts had been made when these pics were taken. The new owner hopes to be completed with everything by this spring, there are lots of little details to finish up including non-skid, bottom paint, boot stripe, stripe on the house, etc, etc. The owner is doing a clean, high quality job on the outfitting. He's going to have a special boat when it's done.

IMG_2175.JPG IMG_2214.JPG IMG_2343.PNG IMG_2344.PNG

c1steve

Captain
All future mechanics working on this boat will be thanking you for the great engine room hatches. Also the engine control is on a horizontal section, that is important but not always provided.

Last edited:

powderpro

Captain
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
Those hatches look great.

Who built them? Is there integral soundproofing?
The hatches were built by a local fabrication shop per the owners specs. You can see in the pictures that the underneath side edges are designed to hold 2 inch insulation in place, one of the hatches in the picture has the insulation Installed, the other does not

BillD

Captain
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
Brian,
It could be the camera angle, but is there enough room to get down on either side of the engine to get at the side components? Or is there additional access hidden on either side of the hatches ?
Hard to tell in the pic.
Thanks, Bill

beautiful job !

powderpro

Captain
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
Brian,
It could be the camera angle, but is there enough room to get down on either side of the engine to get at the side components? Or is there additional access hidden on either side of the hatches ?
Hard to tell in the pic.
Thanks, Bill

beautiful job !
There is a lot of room in front of the engine, I went with a 10’ shaft (if I remember right), which left about 30” distance between front of engine and forward bulkhead. Aft of the engine can also be accessed, but it’s not as spacious. And all the systems, tanks, genset, etc are outboard of the engine, so access to everything is really good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom