New build suggestions

Discussion in 'Marine Electrical / Electronics' started by Dslpwr, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Dslpwr

Dslpwr Senior Member

Sales and service
    Boat Make:
    35' Mitchell Cove waiting to be laid up
    Cooke aquaculture of New Brunswick Canada has farms from Eastport to swans island, maybe 10 sites

2. Dslpwr

Dslpwr Senior Member

Sales and service
    Boat Make:
    Seems like your you don’t have a spare moment either! Don’t forget to enjoy your kids. I did mine when they where growing up, had a few customers pissed off occasionally but my family came first

xbskt, powderpro and Diesel Jerry like this.
  3. c1steve

c1steve Senior Member

Is that the common rail model? Either way, do you know anything about the noise level of the DI 13 with a CR? I would expect to be be quieter than their PDE engine, but not sure about that. PDE is simpler, less sensitive to fuel issues than CR.

Peter from Mack Boring stated that the CR engine puts out up to 3 fuel pulses per engine cycle. He emphasized "up to", so I am thinking that at low speeds the CR engine will have one fuel pulse. Also the CR engines may have short fuel spray pulses, perhaps much shorter than the PDE engine at low speeds. Therefore it is possible that the Scania DI 13 CR engine is not quieter than the PDE models.

4. Diesel Jerry

Diesel Jerry Captain

Marine Diesel Mechanic and Systems Technician
    More than likely CR due to its a new build, with a new hull.

5. Dslpwr

Dslpwr Senior Member

Sales and service
    Boat Make:
    13 liter Scania XPI is a common rail, I’ve put a few in now and they are a lot quieter than the PDI engine! As far as fuel issues I’m sure it will not be a problem as I’m using a Fass fuel supply pump and filter assembly. It polishes fuel and water separates it. They work quite well I’ve used them in my over the road trucks

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019