New Lady Maureen

Discussion in 'Downeast Projects and Boat Building' started by LadyMaureen, Dec 1, 2015.

1. LadyMaureen

LadyMaureen Captain

Boat Make:
    Wesmac
    Got hauled and winterized. Then back to work on the fish hold hatch area and fish box / tackle center hinged tops.

Attached Files:

Wesmac42b80, ErikT, restless and 6 others like this.
  2. FISH NORMA

FISH NORMA Member

Home Page:
    Boat Make:
    31 EASTERN JC
    looks awesome

3. LadyMaureen

LadyMaureen Captain

Boat Make:
    Wesmac
    Thanks much.

4. seasar33

seasar33 Member

043745FE-84D3-4FAF-AAB2-CA7055F312B9.jpeg 35204F42-1E24-4F6B-9F83-EADFF67D2366.jpeg Posting some photos of dry fitting the outrigger mounts. The challenge of course was not to interfere with the headroom on the split side of the wheelhouse and of course no more holes to drill through the top. So TJ and I discussed the possibilities and came up with this. I like the fact that there’s no more holes in the top and I won’t have to climb up to lay the riggers out. I can stand on the gunnels and hold on to the roof hand rail with one arm and unlock and swing the riggers with the other. Probably going to put carbon fiber 25’s super internals, Marsh Tacky. Ive used them before on a friends center console and pulled dredges and a spread.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  5. Downrigga

Downrigga Captain

Boat Make:
    36' NB
    I have a new pair of marsh tacky in white if you are interested.

6. Blitzen

Blitzen Captain

Ex Merchant Mariner
    Boat Make:
    Flowers Boat Works 46, 1991 Boston Whaler Outrage 19
    Lou, just sent you a PM.

7. c1steve

c1steve Senior Member

Lady Maureen,

Could you explain your fish hold system? I am guessing 15 cu.ft. in the tackle station, a much larger below deck fish hold, plus a Frigid-Rigid coffin box? If the fish are large, you use the under deck box, and smaller fish or frozen bait go in the tackle station box?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    LadyMaureen likes this.
  8. LadyMaureen

LadyMaureen Captain

Boat Make:
    Wesmac
    Interested. Can you pls text me details. Length. Model number how much you are asking. Thanks.

T.J.
    516-317-8803

9. LadyMaureen

LadyMaureen Captain

Boat Make:
    Wesmac
    You hit the nail on the head. The 15 cu ft in tackle station is also a livewell so the frigid rigid provides great seating but acts as either extra fish / ice storage ( multi day trips) or simply the day box for fishing if we are using the tackle center as a livewell. I really wanted to avoid a livewell below deck. Been there done that.

restless likes this.
  10. Aotea

Aotea Senior Member

Lady Maureen, I have really enjoyed this thread, which I read throughout, completely, the other day. You saw the promise in a great hull. Adding to that, you have a great sense of design and proportion (house and windows) and finish (gelcoat + headliner and battens + boat colors). My question, in contrast, is rather humdrum: how do you prep and prepare those Divinycel panels to do the work you do? There is nothing I can find online. I asked the Divinycel makers DIAB directly (but they don't have anything official). Their U.S. Southeast rep sent me a very good and authoritative paper prepared by a third party. Good info, but not specifically about their product. Anyway, you have used Divinycel beautifully. How do you do it? What do you do? What grade do you use and how? Grateful for any feedback.

11. Brainey

Brainey Senior Member

Manager - Environment, Safety and Health Departmen
    Boat Make:
    43' Atkinson
    I have a divinycell dilemma myself so figured I’d chime in. I’d like to use it for several upcoming projects. Joe st Mertons has walked me through the process and needed materials (kudos to Joe once again), but I can’t find a way to get 4’x8’ sheets delivered to VA. And have not found anywhere within reason to pick it up. Any help is appreciated.

12. LadyMaureen

LadyMaureen Captain

Boat Make:
    Wesmac
    Thank you for the kind words. Someone smarter than me may disagree but it's possible you can't find any prep info on divinycell because none is required. I sure don't do any prep whatsoever. I basically treat it as if it was plywood....cut it, screw or hot glue it together and glass it. I generally use 3/4 " or 1" thickness. It sands and shapes nicely and easily too. I buy it locally at Reinforced Plastics in Farmingdale NY. 631-249-5490. Craig Vernon runs the show there. He is a great guy and I get lots of technical advice from him. Tell him T.J. recommended you.

I would gladly chat with you feel free give me a call 516-317-8803. Help you any way I can.

T.J.

13. LadyMaureen

LadyMaureen Captain

Boat Make:
    Wesmac
    Try Craig at Reinforced Plastics. Maybe he has a few ideas for you on how to get your hands on.

Brainey likes this.
  14. Eastporter

Eastporter Captain

Boat Make:
    Sold- 20' Eastporter (Rebuilt 2011) 22' Pearson Ensign
    I love your rebuild- definitely a strong example of a non-professional rebuild of any downeast boat. The wheelhouse totally transformed the boat looks. Well done and thanks for posting. Learning to use composites and sharing info. is huge in trying new techniques and materials.

LadyMaureen likes this.
  15. Aotea

Aotea Senior Member

Thank you, T.J. Your info is a confidence builder! Coosa is made a couple of hours west of here and they do a pretty good job explaining their material. In just a few words, you have done a better job than DIAB has ever done for Divinycel! Thanks also for Reinforced Plastics reference and offer of help. Much appreciated.

16. Beyond Tom's

Beyond Tom's Senior Member

Electrician
    Boat Make:
    31 JC
    Nice job

17. LadyMaureen

LadyMaureen Captain

Boat Make:
    Wesmac
    Haven't posted in a while. Finished building the wedges around fish hold hatch, fared and ready for gel coat as soon as the weather gets a little nicer.

Attached Files:

18. Keelboater

Keelboater Captain

Boat Make:
    35' Bruno & Stillman
    That looks very nice. It's a unique and very effective way to keep the hatch from leaking. How does it feel under foot?

19. LadyMaureen

LadyMaureen Captain

Boat Make:
    Wesmac
    Thank you. Feels good. Solid. Not a stumbling block at all and hoping it looks even better when I roll out the deck with sea foam green gel coat.

Keelboater likes this.
  20. Downrigga

Downrigga Captain

Boat Make:
    36' NB
    I love what you have done with this boat. I would be pumped to check out that deck box in person some day. Very cool hatch.