New Seaway 21 Seafarer owner!

Discussion in '"Pocket" Downeast Boats (14-24ft)' started by Capt Jack, Feb 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Capt Jack

Capt Jack New Member

Greetings! I just bought a 2013 Seaway Seafarer 21'. I downsized from a Mainship Pilot 34' last fall. This is my first boat with an outboard. Looking forward to a "simpler" boat to maintain. I already have a few projects including swim platform/ladder, bench seat(?) and maybe hardtop. I'd welcome feedback from others on these topics. Also, I started a Seaway Boat Owners group on FB, if anyone is interested to join. Log into Facebook | Facebook I'm not looking to "steal" members from here, just provide another place to share ideas and all. I'm guessing there may be a few dozen owners out there? LOL!

Attached Files:

clocker, Bill, Red1beard and 3 others like this.
  2. Keelboater

Keelboater Captain

Boat Make:
    35' Bruno & Stillman
    Welcome to the DBF! That's a nice new boat you have there. To keep it that way, PLEASE be sure to do every job right. For any cored area that means decoring and back filling with epoxy at every single hole you drill. Do not use silicone. For bedding anything that is intended to be permanent, use 3M 5200 - after first decoring and back filling holes properly. Think before you drill. There are too many "would be nice boats" out there that have paid the price of water intrusion due to poor planning. Good luck with you new boat!

3. Toolate

Toolate Captain

Building contractor
    Boat Make:
    1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
    I had one but sold in maybe 5 years ago. 150 on it, blue hull was a great boat if a little overpowered. Congrats!

I believe the decks on my boat were Nida-Core or plascore not sure of the name but no wood in it. Wouldnt hold a screw so you really had to make a spot of solid glass to thread a hole in for mounting anyway.

Capt Jack likes this.
  4. Capt Jack

Capt Jack New Member

Great advice. Thanks!

Herbert der Skipper likes this.
  5. Shark49

Shark49 Member

Wife and I bought a 24 Hardtop sport last year. Love it! You buy that from Twin Hull Boats?

6. Capt Jack

Capt Jack New Member

No. I bought it through a broker in Alabama. 1000 miles of towing on the way home!

7. ozodrac

ozodrac Member

USCG Master 100 Ton Near Coastal (10th issue)
    Boat Make:
    2015 Eastern Sisu 22
    You beat me to that Seaway 21 in Alabama. I understand we are neighbors in Virginia?

8. Sagamore Creek

Sagamore Creek Member

Boat Make:
    Seaway
    Congrats on the purchase. Nice looking boat. The comments above are correct about the drilling/bolting/screws/etc. Other than the solid hull, virtually every surface on the Seaway is Nidacore. Great for lightweight construction and no rot, but you need to plan ahead when mounting anything. Not an issue when you can thru-bolt, but be careful with screws.

Mine was built in 2017, and I'm fortunate to live within 30 minutes of the factory, so I got to "visit" numerous times throughout construction. I felt like it gave me a great window into the construction quality, details, and visibility into the hidden parts between hull, deck, liners, etc. Great boat.

9. RickC137

RickC137 Member

Boat Make:
    Eastern Sisu 22
    I just passed some guy trailering one in Richmond RI a couple hours ago. I think it had a Merc. Classic looks.

10. Seawayer

Seawayer Member

Congrats! Sweet looking boat lots of luck with her.

11. ozodrac

ozodrac Member

USCG Master 100 Ton Near Coastal (10th issue)
    Boat Make:
    2015 Eastern Sisu 22
    I'm just as glad I missed the Seaway 21 in Alabama and found the 2015 Eastern Sisu 22 in Connecticut.
    That makes two more DE's in Virginia.
    I recently sold my Allied Boat Works RB-19 to a lucky fella in Maine.
    Years ago I owned a 1985 Sisu 22 hardtop with a nasty Honda 90 (carb) and a 1982 Sisu center console with a gas inboard.
    That's me in a new 1983 Sisu 22 bass boat with a gas I/O on the Piscataqua River, on the way to an advertising photo shoot for Sisu at the Isles of Shoals with Peter Brown.
    I've come full circle and loving it!

Attached Files:

Sailmor likes this.