Prop pullers

Gaitocm

I’m going to be replacing my dripless shaft seal and need to pull my prop in order to do so. Looking for advise on any tools that would be helpful such as the ACME 330s prop puller. Shaft is 1 3/8. Thank you

26 Fortier

southshore30

Boat Make
Calvin Beal/Southshore 30
Where are you located? I’ve got one you can borrow if your close by. Shipping wouldn’t be worth it. I’m on Cape Cod

eyecatcher

I'm looking for a pro pull. Where did you get it? Which style do you have?

Gaitocm

Thanks for the help and yes there is not enough room to just slide the shaft back.

scallywag

Captain
Boat Make
25'general marine
Can you guys explain how the harmonic prop puller works. There website is not very helpful. Thanks

scallywag

Captain
Boat Make
25'general marine
Never Mind found my answer. Looks like you install it and strike with a hammer. Sounds like they work pretty well.

CEShawn

Captain
Website
www.fishreaction.com
Boat Make
RP35
Ha never heard of such a thing, then my friend was like, how have you not heard about it... I just went to www.generalpropeller.com and bought one for a 2", dying to see how it goes. I had made a custom puller for my wheel a few years ago but now have lost it... was going to make a new one but saw this first... I hope to get it tomorrow... fingers crossed. Prop Knocker

Dslpwr

Captain
Boat Make
35' Mitchell Cove waiting to be laid up
Shawn I’ve used them on a 3 1/2” shaft on a 50 Dixon 44” prop. Two strikes and she was loose

bigcam

I always wondered what effect this has on the roller bearings on the transmission output shaft ?

Reactions: TCL