sea bass rigs

Discussion in 'Striper, Blues, Cod, Haddock, Hake, Sharks' started by Ernie, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Ernie

Ernie Member

how are your sea bass rigs made up? I'm looking to tie my own want to improve over the store bought rigs
    thanks

2. RCLS2016

RCLS2016 Senior Member

Maintenance Tech
    Boat Make:
    26 SISU
    Ernie,
    Cool link on the sea bass. Looks like you don't even need rigs. You can just order sea bass on Amazon Prime!. lol.
    Kidding aside, me and my dad use a 30-40lb test leader. Dad likes Ande Monofilament, I seem to have luck with fluorocarbon... 2-3 foot leader. Surgeons or slip knot on the bottom for your sinker. 1 or 2 dropper loops 6-8" apart. Then short a snelled hook attached to the dropper loop or loops. I have even just set the hooks right on the dropper loops as well. Deep water we do Hi/Lo and shallower just a single hook. That is just how me and my dad do it so... I will get you some pictures tomorrow night. All my gear is on the boat right now. I am interested to hear what other guys do.

Kailua Kid likes this.
  3. goin4broke

goin4broke Captain

Electrician
    Boat Make:
    35 Foot Terry Jason (Currently undergoing finishing touches)
    Simple hi lo rig with 24" leaders of 30# or so 8 to 10" apart and a 12 or 15# 6" leader for the sinker so it breaks off on snags is what I use. Of course half the sea bass I catch are while fluking jigging bucktails.

Kailua Kid likes this.
  4. jrbflusing

jrbflusing Member

just retired
    Boat Make:
    seaway
    I don't have luck with gulp but the chartuce green works great for seabass try it it worked great for me