sea bass rigs

Ernie

how are your sea bass rigs made up? I'm looking to tie my own want to improve over the store bought rigs
thanks

RCLS2016

Boat Make
26 SISU
Ernie,
Cool link on the sea bass. Looks like you don't even need rigs. You can just order sea bass on Amazon Prime!. lol.
Kidding aside, me and my dad use a 30-40lb test leader. Dad likes Ande Monofilament, I seem to have luck with fluorocarbon... 2-3 foot leader. Surgeons or slip knot on the bottom for your sinker. 1 or 2 dropper loops 6-8" apart. Then short a snelled hook attached to the dropper loop or loops. I have even just set the hooks right on the dropper loops as well. Deep water we do Hi/Lo and shallower just a single hook. That is just how me and my dad do it so... I will get you some pictures tomorrow night. All my gear is on the boat right now. I am interested to hear what other guys do.

goin4broke

Captain
Boat Make
35 Foot Terry Jason (Currently undergoing finishing touches)
Simple hi lo rig with 24" leaders of 30# or so 8 to 10" apart and a 12 or 15# 6" leader for the sinker so it breaks off on snags is what I use. Of course half the sea bass I catch are while fluking jigging bucktails.

jrbflusing

Boat Make
seaway
I don't have luck with gulp but the chartuce green works great for seabass try it it worked great for me

Bob Anderson

Boat Make
Eastern 22
What I use is good for sea bass and fluke. 2 - 3 foot 40 lb leader with one drop. Swivel on top and snap on bottom for easy changes. # 5 hook with UV hair for the drop. For the bottom, instead of a sinker, I use 2 and 3 oz jig with UV hair so I can change them depending on conditions. I've had better luck with Big Gulp jellies than with squid.

The jigs usually need hook replacement. To do that I cut off the large hooks jigs usually come with leaving some of the shank. I then tie a swivel onto the shank using thread and 1 minute JB Weld.

It takes some time but makes for a great winter project.

fishtheblock

Boat Make
28TJ
In RI we use inchiku jigs if we're going to rod and reel them. Those jigs fill coolers faster than anything else I've tried

Latest Posts