Seaway 24 Hardtop sport

Discussion in '"Pocket" Downeast Boats (14-24ft)' started by Shark49, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Shark49

Shark49 Member

Boy am I happy I bought my boat this summer. I went to Seaways site and they no longer offer the 24 Hardtop Sport.

2. Red1beard

Red1beard Senior Member

Ct Water Co. Wastewater Operator
    Boat Make:
    24 ft seaway
    I wonder if they will replace it with a slightly different model? Personally I don't want a boat with a cluttered cockpit. Like the open deck space.

3. Frank Grimes

Frank Grimes Captain

they might just figure that the 22' Sisu and the 24' Seaway HTs were similar enough that it makes more business sense to move forward with one over the other.

I did also notice that they don't list the JC 31' on their website either.....that would be a tragedy.

4. Shark49

Shark49 Member

Completely different hulls. I think they lost too many sales to the hardtop sport.

5. Spence

Spence Senior Member

I'm much happier with the open wheelhouse, when I'm power drifting to bottom fish I am often jigging from the helm. Also agree with Red Beard about lack of clutter

6. milokr23

milokr23 Member

Boat Make:
    Tripp/Marscot 22
    If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for the 24' hardtop sport? I really liked the looks of this boat but when I went to a boat show they only had the 22' sisu and the eastern 248. The cost of the new sisu was around $70K but I liked the idea of the 24 hardtop sport because of larger size and stripped down simplicity.

How is the ride? at cruising speed and faster? Curious to know the difference between ride of this size boat with inboard full keel vs. outboard short keel.

Thanks.

7. Shark49

Shark49 Member

8. Shark49

Shark49 Member

I bought the boat from CJ at Twin Hull boats in Bridgeport CT. His family has owned the place for 20-30 years and I have been dealing with them for the past 15 years. Give them a call 203-334-4403, they will give you a fair price. I don’t share what I paid for the boat, but will say it’s totally worth the price.
    With a single 135 Honda cruise is 4000-4800 16-22knot. Ride great and love the cabin.

9. milokr23

milokr23 Member

Boat Make:
    Tripp/Marscot 22
    Thanks for the reply. Glad to here youre enjoying the boat. I'll have to try and get a sea trial on one of these some time.

10. djmarchand

djmarchand Senior Member

Retird engineer
    Boat Make:
    Atlas Pompano 23 outboard
    Just bought a similar boat, an Atlas Boat Works Pompano 23. I looked at Sisus and other inboard diesel powered boats and went with this one due to its simplicity of outboard power and the clean, open cockpit.

Cruises at 14 kts at 4,500 and tops out at 18 at 6,000 with a 70 hp Yamaha. See the larger pic of my avatar below.

2015 Pompano 23 from dealer's site.jpg

David

Larry7777 likes this.
  11. Alzmore

Alzmore Member

Marketing and Media Manager
    Home Page:
    Boat Make:
    21 Seafarer
    Taken from a Seaway Boats Facebook post....

"The 2019 boat model year brought some changes to the Seaway Boats line-up, especially in the 24’ models. If you are looking for the 24’ Hard Top Sport, or the 24’ Coastal Hard Top, look no further than the 24’ Hard Top. Our 24’ Hard Top features a port side head and starboard side hanging locker, influenced by our previous 24’ Coastal Hard Top. Another change to be noticed is that front opening windows are now standard. Our 24’ Seafarer and our 24’ Offshore were extremely similar, except for one major feature, the hard top. We continue to offer our 24’ Seafarer, but now offer the “Offshore Hardtop Package” as an upgrade to this boat, which results in what was formerly known as the 24’ Offshore. We are proud to continue the Seaway traditions in our downeast boats."

Larry7777 likes this.
  12. Alzmore

Alzmore Member

Marketing and Media Manager
    Home Page:
    Boat Make:
    21 Seafarer
    https://www.seawayboats.com/24-coastal-hardtop

if you go to their website and do the "build a boat" option, they respond with pricing with your options.