Seeker 3X Bent Butt for 200-400-lb Bluefin?

JasonD

The Seeker SS-CTSF 63XXXH blank is PLENTY of rod for Mediums to "small" giants. Plenty, A lot of the west coast guys use those blanks for the Monster Yellowfin. Build it how you want it put a Makaira 80 or Avet T-Rex on loaded with Braid and a topper of 130 Mo-Moi Diamond and catch em up

Moorefish

Thanks for the comeback Jason! I decided to go even heavier. Two weeks out on a SS-CTSF 63XXXXH bent uni for one of my ATD-50W & 130 spectra. Now considering converting my Seeker OSP 2X4 from rail rod to uni as well. Ordered Lewis 0-degree rod holders from a place in Maine so need to drill 2" holes in cap rail and reinforce with washers as there's no extra space under cap so no chance for backing plates. Thanks again.

JasonD

Thanks for the comeback Jason! I decided to go even heavier. Two weeks out on a SS-CTSF 63XXXXH bent uni for one of my ATD-50W & 130 spectra. Now considering converting my Seeker OSP 2X4 from rail rod to uni as well. Ordered Lewis 0-degree rod holders from a place in Maine so need to drill 2" holes in cap rail and reinforce with washers as there's no extra space under cap so no chance for backing plates. Thanks again.
4X will get it done! That Seeker will make a great one too, 60-130 rated would make for a perfect platform for a braid spooled 50 wide

eyecatcher

That blank 3x or 4x are a good choice carbon fiber and s glass, fast action and plenty of power. They are used a lot for rail rods.

Top Bottom