Simrad Electronics

Discussion in 'Precision Marine Center- Discount Electronics' started by Silverfish, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Silverfish

Silverfish Senior Member

Boat Make:
    28 Northern Bay
    When is the best time to buy new Simrad Electronics? I'm looking for 2 screens, transducer, radar, and all need wires. I need everything by the spring.

Steve

CaptainHinckley likes this.
  2. Toolate

Toolate Captain

Building contractor
    Boat Make:
    1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
    I would look up @WharfRat (Chris) on here. He is beyond knowledgeable and has countless recommendations on here. Done 2 boats with him (both full suite of Simrad gear) and would do more hands down. Pricing is great too. He is at Precision Marine in New Rochelle NY but will ship anywhere and will steer you straight. Supplies electronics and all kinds of other stuff to a number of big DE builders.

3. El Mar

El Mar Captain

Boat Make:
    43 Tiara Open DDEC, Grady white 268 Islander 250 OX66, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60
    I second this. He will treat you right.

Got my Tiara squared away last year with Simrad Evo3 and other toys.

Silverfish likes this.
  4. steveinak

steveinak Captain

Boat Make:
    H&H / Pen Bay
    just call wharf rat chris !!

Silverfish likes this.
  5. Silverfish

Silverfish Senior Member

Boat Make:
    28 Northern Bay
    I spoke with Chris last week, he was very helpful. I'm trying to make time in my schedule to go up to him speak to him in person and make a final selection on everything for the boat. But it's bass season so I'm trying to get out fishing as much as I can.

6. Scott Ratte

Scott Ratte New Member

Boat Make:
    Steiger Craft 31 DV
    Chris (Wharf Rat), we are in need of your expertise regarding choice of transducers for Simrad NSO and NSS EVO3 units. I left a message on your general mailbox, but, am hoping you might be available for a chat today/tomorrow as we need to makes some decisions. Thanks, in advance. Scott (Rat Race)

7. Backnaction

Backnaction Senior Member

They are closed for winter break. I ordered my stuff just before Christmas. I think they are back 1/4 do you have his cell number?

8. Scott Ratte

Scott Ratte New Member

Boat Make:
    Steiger Craft 31 DV
    Thank you BnA! I know that Chris posted his cell phone somewhere in these threads but cannot find it. If you'd be kind enough to forward, it would be greatly appreciated.

9. Ripcat

Ripcat Senior Member

Boat Make:
    35’ Duffy, Cummins 400C
    Precision Marine is open now but closing for the entire month of February. Call 914-235-4023 and hit 3 for electronics...Chris Labozza (Wharf Rat) typically answers.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  10. Silverfish

Silverfish Senior Member

Boat Make:
    28 Northern Bay
    Thanks everyone for the advice, when I was at the NYC boat show I got a deal I couldn't pass up.
    Chris thank you for time for answering my questions last year on everything. I was going to purchase everything through you this month but a company there offered a boat show discount that was 25% off.

11. Wharf Rat

Wharf Rat Captain

Radar Tech
    Home Page:
    Boat Make:
    OPB
    It's all good, at the end of the day all I ask for is a chance to talk. Getting to supply equipment is of course a major plus, but it's not why I came here in the first place. Actually sent you a PM regarding that end of it. If I could save that kind of money on toilet paper, I'd be doing it even if my Dad owned Charmin. No hard feelings, seriously, and don't hesitate to reach out with any questions you have regarding system and network integration etc. I'm 'technically' on vacation for the month of Feb, but I'll still be checking forums and emails, so just give me an extra day or two to answer as I spend most nights out at the Big Brown and Round Strip Clubs in the BX, and recover during the daylight until I go away later this month.

I really miss Sue's Rendevous, though, as that place was 2 blocks away walking distance, and nothing better than when the car is snowed in on the street to walk there and as the only white guy there get a ton of attention without even tipping. Most of the girls thought I was a Record Label producer or something thimilar, so I play it up and when they pressed for an answer, I let them know I was a private contractor for the Dept. of Homeland Security dealing in Radio Detection and Ranging, Thermal Imaging and Sonar systems.. I mean, USCG counts, so not exactly a lie. Here's a really funny article from Bar Stool Sports that lets you know the kind of place Sue's was before it was shut down, although we're still trying to get it reopened..

Sue's Rendevous -The Best Worst Strip Club Of All Time

Old Mud and Silverfish like this.
  12. Silverfish

Silverfish Senior Member

Boat Make:
    28 Northern Bay
    Hahahaha, sounds like you live it up in the month of February. Thanks again I appreciate everything and if I have any questions I will reach out as you where the most knowledgeable on the electronics.

Thanks again
    Steve