status

Gayle Force

Boat Make
25 ft Tiara Pursuit, 27 ft Eastern, 28 ft Carolina Classic
When I first joined the forum I was listed as member (status) any time I posted anything it says member next to my name. So I tried in my profile to changing my profile to Captain which I'm licensed. I shows in my profile as captain but not when i post something. Anyone know how to fix this?

Keelboater

Captain
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
It's just the way the forum recognizes new members and has nothing to do with you being a licensed captain. You begin as a Member and eventually you make it to Senior Member and then to Captain if you are active enough on the forum. But it takes a little while. We all recognize if you are a licensed Captain and many members of the forum are as well. But you can add that detail in your occupation and it will show up.

Gayle Force

Boat Make
25 ft Tiara Pursuit, 27 ft Eastern, 28 ft Carolina Classic
It's just the way the forum recognizes new members and has nothing to do with you being a licensed captain. You begin as a Member and eventually you make it to Senior Member and then to Captain if you are active enough on the forum. But it takes a little while. We all recognize if you are a licensed Captain and many members of the forum are as well. But you can add that detail in your occupation and it will show up.
Thanks for the explanation on how it works, I had no idea because I am a novice when it comes to forums.