Stretching Leaders?

Discussion in 'Tuna Talk' started by fisheast, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Downrigga

Downrigga Captain

Boat Make:
    36' NB
    You can use a bridle if you want. Personally I would see if you are losing baits first. You can loop a small elastic thru the eye socket like was mentioned above.

2. leaky

leaky Captain

I think what a couple of us are saying here is you gotta be flexible - do what the situation warrants.

Frank and Old Mud like this.
  3. Old Mud

Old Mud Captain

Retired Fisherman
    Boat Make:
    Ho Made

Bingo !! I always say anything will work once but Nothing will work all the time.

Psssstttt, you can't say the C.. word anymore, they are endangered you know. ;) Macks do work up here but not my top choice either. Mine are Squid, Whiting, Herring, the C.. word then Macks. We havn't bluefish up here for about 8 or 9 years now. Current is always going up here (East to West) up to about 15to 20 Nm off. Sometimes all the way to Platts. 35 NM. Dosn't matter what the tide is doing less yer fishing off the beach. The circulation of the GOM. You just have to learn to live with it. :)

4. Old Mud

Old Mud Captain

Retired Fisherman
    Boat Make:
    Ho Made
    Have to agree with Jon on the stretching. Although i don't worry about it much because i use 200# floro and i only weigh 140. Hell i could hang off it and swing around without hurting it. :) I always remove my leaders at the end of fishing, wrap them loosely and store in a bag. Works for me. :D

5. Downrigga

Downrigga Captain

Boat Make:
    36' NB

Old Mud likes this.