swivel rings / Green stick main line

HUNTHARD

Captain
Boat Make
42 WESMAC
Working on finally getting everything together for our stick this winter. I had friend bring me some swivel rings for the Main line to attach the Long line clips too but they are just too small for the L/L clips we use. Think he got them from sound and sea. Does anyone know the right size and where I can order them. Also does anyone know how wide they are? I want to make sure they will fit through the block I have smoothly.

Thanks.

Jay c

Boat Make
31' Duffy
Give Sea and Sound tackle down in Wanchese a call. They have every bit of Greenstick gear you could ever want.

jim

Captain
Boat Make
48ft Dixon
Paul IMO you are better off snapping the drops directly to the main line. Less connections to fail and less weight on the line means less sag. Not to mention less money. Just my two cents that aint even worth that!LOL

tunaorlater

Captain
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
Paul IMO you are better off snapping the drops directly to the main line. Less connections to fail and less weight on the line means less sag. Not to mention less money. Just my two cents that aint even worth that!LOL
Agreed. I used Bennett trim tab hydraulic line over the main line. Crimps on each side. Long line clips spin freely.

jules

Air Break tubing works well to I think 5/16 for the 800 is good

Reactions: jim

HUNTHARD

Captain
Boat Make
42 WESMAC
ok thanks guys that's how my last stick was set up. I wasn't sure if the rings were the better way to go. We will just stick with tube on the line and a crip on each side. I never had one slip over a crimp so i guess that's the way to go.

thank you.

Reactions: jim

Fishinengineer

Boat Make
Duffy
I use the two swivels with a ring where the break away attaches. I welded up a larger ring that the L/L clips can attach to comfortably that still fits thru the block on the reel. Somehow I wound up using that Bennett tubing also, had some kicking around and the size was perfect for 3 or 3.2 mm mono.

Last edited:

tunaorlater

Captain
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
I use the two swivels with a ring where the break away attaches. I welded up a larger ring that the L/L clips can attach to comfortably that still fits thru the block on the reel. Somehow I would up using that Bennett tubing also, had some kicking around and the size was perfect for 3 or 3.2 mm mono.
Of course you made your own! Once an engineer always an engineer

jaybyrd83ecu

I use the rings on my bandit and chafe gear version on my 130 crank set up. The trick with the rings is to attach your clip to the ring at a 45* angle to the mainline when the swivels are straight inline. I'm using the big heavy duty LL clips with the swivels on them. Give it a shot if you still have them around and see if it makes a difference. Its better for me than bending the swivels and line around and trying to attach the clips to the ring.