Torres

Discussion in 'Downeast Boat General Discussion' started by Tuckerman, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Tuckerman

Tuckerman Captain

Boat Make:
    22 webber cove
    Does anyone have a good contact number for Torres boats. My friend is looking to maybe have one built , but the info on the old interweb doesn't seem to be correct.

2. Fouraces59

Fouraces59 Senior Member

Claude retired a while ago and the Jimmy Bacle took over and has the mold and finishes the boats as far as I knew. He used to work out of a shop at on Stock Island at Stock Island Lobster Company where the commercial lobster and stone crab fleet ties up. Jimmy's family is inviolved or owns the business

Nice guy, I met him and Claude a few times down there. My dad used to rent a house in Summerland for the March and April and would spend the days down at Stock Island with the lobster and crab guys and shooting the breeze with Claude and Jim. Was close to pulling the trigger on one

Found this on the web:
    Bacle Boats
    Address: 6639 Maloney Ave, Key West, FL, 33040, USA
    Telephone:305 294 0613

3. Frank Grimes

Frank Grimes Captain

4. Tuckerman

Tuckerman Captain

Boat Make:
    22 webber cove
    That's a shame he was a young talented kid. Thanks for the info.

5. Keysdisease

Keysdisease Member

Claude's 42 was one of the sweetest hulls built in Key West. Jim Bacle used to build the PME 53's and took over building the Torres boats when Claude retired. Some one will end up with those molds and continue building them, they have a great following.

6. toolmaker

toolmaker Senior Member

As an FYI back in 2005 my wife and I fished on the PLAYMATE, a custom fly bridge Torres out of Hamilton, Bermuda. What a great boat ran by Captain Keith Winters a father and son team. We fished the week between the Bermuda Big Game Classic and the Princess Hotel Invitational. The PLAYMATE is set up for one thing--trolling for grander Blue Marlin, stable, huge and rock solid sums her up. Oh yes right in front of all the visiting 4 to 8 million dollars rigs that were practice fishing between the tournaments I caught and released the largest White Marlin ever caught on the PLAYMATE then a few hours later a 275 Blue and at the end of day 2 we hooked into what might have been a grander but that wasn't to be. Over the decades I have fished on many custom boats chasing billfish around the world and IMO the Torres platform in the 40 to 46 foot series was one of the best I ever enjoyed fished on and it would be a shame if this beautiful hull offering became extinct. Captain Jay Mulligan

7. ripta13

ripta13 Senior Member

Boat Make:
    1996 31 BHM