TV Antenna

Brainey

Captain
Boat Make
43' Atkinson
Refit includes a TV and will be looking for an antenna soon. What are you guys having luck with? s Thanks.

Blitzen

Captain
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46, 1991 Boston Whaler Outrage 19
Height and diameter of the antenna are the biggest factors. Go with the largest diameter that you can. 15" is good for 45-50 miles and the 19" 75 miles from the transmit station.

Pitou

Boat Make
'06 Albin 31 TE
I've been running a Glomex Omnidirectioal Antenna on my mast for the past 6 years and it works great. The newer replacement is called the Shark. Not that I watch a lot of TV onboard, but have grabbed weather reports from Cape Cod to North Haven and an occassional fall football game here and there.

Boat Make
2 Home made skiffs
We use 2 Glomex's on the boat that I run. We got rid satellite when the antenna shit the bed and KVH said it wouldn't be supported for much longer because of our older antenna. We don't miss the $180/month fee.. The 2 glomex support our 7 onboard TV's.

Wharf Rat

Marine Electronics 'Professional'
Forum Sponsor
Website
www.precisionmarinecenter.com
Boat Make
OPB
+3 on the Glomex. The newer ones come with a really nice automatic gain controller/amplifier, so no need for the external Glomex control and it does amazing picking up local channels in HD!

Brainey

Captain
Boat Make
43' Atkinson
Thanks, looks like its Glomex. Wharf Rat - if you sell these PM me and I'll get it through you.
Bill

Top Bottom