Value of Raymarine Es 98 MFD?

PatrickPresti

Captain
Hi Guys,

I just bought a boat that came with a 1 year old Raymarine Es 98. I am looking to switch over to a Garmin MFD. What do you think this Raymarine Es 98 is worth?

Thanks,

Pat

BlueMack

Boat Make
Bruno & Stillman 35
Before you spend a dime on garmin you might want to dig a little deeper into what equipment you have. Will the transducer you have work with the garmin, are you using the built in fish finder or do you have a separate sonar module? Do you have radar? Auto pilot? Will any of that work with the Garmin. What about the network it’s all connected too?

PatrickPresti

Captain
Before you spend a dime on garmin you might want to dig a little deeper into what equipment you have. Will the transducer you have work with the garmin, are you using the built in fish finder or do you have a separate sonar module? Do you have radar? Auto pilot? Will any of that work with the Garmin. What about the network it’s all connected too?
I appreciate your input. The only electronics is the Raymarine MFD and it's transom mount transducer which I am going to sell both. There is no radar, autopilot or any other network components...

Wharf Rat

Marine Electronics 'Professional'
Forum Sponsor
Website
www.precisionmarinecenter.com
Boat Make
OPB
Tough to say, I usually look at eBay to get an idea, and figure 10-15% less than the listing price (minus the eBay/PP fees) that's a good number to start with for a private sale. That said, there's one in UK for $1,500 but honestly I think that's excessively high, as you can get an Axiom Pro 9 for about 1K more. I think $1,200 would be reasonable if it's in clean A-/B+ condition.

Top Bottom