What life is all about (to me)

Discussion in 'Tuna Talk' started by Raider Ronnie, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Raider Ronnie

Raider Ronnie Captain

Home Page:
    Boat Make:
    33 Flowers. 28 BHM for sale
    Sharing this from my FB post
    Figure a few would appreciate.
    Ive been on a bit of an emotional high since July when I bought the 33 Flowers.
    Spent close to 3 months doing work on it and changes but just had to put put it in the water for even a few weeks to learn it and see what it could do. Will be hauling it back home in a week or 2 and couldn’t imagine a better way to cap off a great year

99 inch 450lb (369 lbs dressed) $5.50 per lb,a little more than 2 grand, not exactly Wicked reality tv prices given out by a truck driver

1st fish on the new boat, & a good one with your 21 & 18 year old sons, Me sitting back just driving the boat while your older son takes charge running the show, barking out orders and younger son assisting him clearing the deck & taking turns on the rod........worth more than any $ amount ever paid as far as I’m concerned !

Attached Files:

Reelman955, Saltaire, danl93 and 17 others like this.
  2. bettylovesfishing

bettylovesfishing Member

Priceless !!

aegus15 likes this.
  3. Keelboater

Keelboater Captain

Boat Make:
    35' Bruno & Stillman
    Nice! That's what converts all of the time and money you put into a boat project into a great investment. It's also what keeps you going during the seemingly endless project phase. Glad you had a great time because it's a long winter!

4. CaseyMarie

CaseyMarie Senior Member

Boat Make:
    Blue Seas, Boston Whaler
    Raider Ronnie, congrats on your catch, new boat, and your boys! That's a pretty boat, I recognize it. I am out of Town River Yacht Club, though my boat isn't always there. It seems like I see you coming in every time I am on my boat. I even saw you coming in during the heavy weather we had a week or two ago. Keep the pics coming.

5. BillD

BillD Captain

Business owner
    Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
    Boat Make:
    25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
    Lucky guy Ron !

6. Old Mud

Old Mud Captain

Retired Fisherman
    Boat Make:
    Ho Made
    I totally agree, it just doesn't get any better than that. :)

Karma !!.

7. Raider Ronnie

Raider Ronnie Captain

Home Page:
    Boat Make:

I’m at Captains Cove. Stop in anytime
    My slip is to the up river side of the main gangway and I’m up against the back wall.
    That day 2 weeks ago when it was really rough out my older son ran the boat.
    He hooked up to a Much bigger fish that day but it came unbuttoned after 2 hrs.

CaseyMarie likes this.
  8. CaseyMarie

CaseyMarie Senior Member

Boat Make:
    Blue Seas, Boston Whaler
    Sounds good. I had a slip over there a long time ago, and I lived in the apartment building above. I had fun over there. Were you on Stellwagen that day? It was pretty nasty in the bay, what was it like out there? I was actually driving by Wessagussett Yacht Club when I saw you coming in, and I had to laugh a little; here's Wessagussett getting their asses handed to them, boats litter the beaches, one upside down boat still on its mooring, and here comes this relatively small Downeast coming in from fishing, no big deal... absolutely awesome.

9. Raider Ronnie

Raider Ronnie Captain

Home Page:
    Boat Make:
    We launched late Saturday the day before, went for a 2 hr shakedown run with my son.
    He and 2 classmates from Ma. Maritime headed out & 3am to the south corner of Stellwagen.
    I was with wife & younger son @ MM for freshman family day.
    I was having breakfast down the street from MM with wife & on the phone with older son @ 8 am checking on them as they hooked up

CaseyMarie likes this.
  10. fishcrazy

fishcrazy Member

Congrats on fish. Nice way to end season Ronnie. Thanks for help with alternator source this summer I was able to get one right before he closed. Never got out tuna fishing this year but will be back at it next year. What are u running for engine in that flowers?
    Joe