What would be the correct way to fix this hull damage?

Quik Fix 16

Boat Make
Shamrock
My trailer taught me a lesson also. Could stick my whole hand inside. One hour later, good as new. Thats what makes fiberglass great.

20 gouge1.jpg

c1steve

Captain
I would grind a bit, to get down to good glass. Epoxy binds with 6x the strength of polyester, when working with old fiberglass. I would use west epoxy with 403 and/or 406 filler. Might have to use cloth if the area is large.

southshore30

Boat Make
Calvin Beal/Southshore 30

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
Boat Make
Ho Made

leaky

Vice Admiral
Roller trailers basically suck. Good for absolutely minimizing marking on the hull bottom with no wind or current, an operator who doesn't mind actually getting in the water and spending 20 minutes being careful to guide a boat on by hand, lots of the high end clear rollers (ie when you have like 100+), and a perfectly maintained & adjusted trailer.

If you want to load your boat in 1 minute, drive it on, not get wet, not have to get all technical about it and have the boat end up perfect every time you want 4 bunks - 2 long ones down the center to hold the weight, 2 shorter ones on the outside to stabilize the boat and hold it square.

As far as the glass work, step 1 is always remove damage, bottom paint, and gelcoat from a larger area, then see what repair is needed. Trying to determine the fix first is going at it backwards.

Staff online

Top Bottom