Windshield wiper

Tcsteenjr21

First Name
Cj
Boat Make
35 JC Casco Bay "Mystery"
Hey guys, new to the forum. Just bought a 1985 JC about 6 weeks ago that you will be seeing from time to time on here. Lots of updates planned but one I am going at right away is a windshield wiper. The boat rides great but is a little wet. The wheelhouse has two forward windows, 30” tall by 45” wide and 52” across. Looking to put a pantographic arm on there, not sure what size. Any help appreciated, thanks.

ARC

Boat Make
31’ eastern Casco Bay
A’little Wet ‘ is an understatement. I keep a spare motor and blade set on board. But 25kn doesn’t keep me home so I deserve it.

Pequod

Boat Make
Shamrock 246 Open
Both AFI and Vetus make reliable panto-graph wiper systems whose sweeps are easily adjustable and both manufacturers have parking circuits.

ARC

Boat Make
31’ eastern Casco Bay
Imtra work great . I now need to add squirt, dry salt and setting sun don’t mix

Reactions: jim

tailhook

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 JC
Yes the JC can be wet. I just use rain x and one day I will put in a fresh water windshield wash. Nice looking 35 by the way!

Quik Fix 16

Boat Make
Shamrock
Salt and sun definitely don't make for a pleasant ride. I have a couple of windshield wash systems from autos but can't figure out where to mount the spray nozzles. Any Ideas?

tailhook

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 JC
Thinking up above window pointing down. Might need a little more pressure than you would think?

ARC

Boat Make
31’ eastern Casco Bay
Salt and sun definitely don't make for a pleasant ride. I have a couple of windshield wash systems from autos but can't figure out where to mount the spray nozzles. Any Ideas?
I got a 12v electric valve . I’m hooking it up to the fresh water system . Then I don’t need a separate pump or tank.

Quik Fix 16

Boat Make
Shamrock
Got everything needed and will hook up to the FW system. Wondering HOW to attach the spray nozzles. Have an Aluminum frame around windows.

Pequod

Boat Make
Shamrock 246 Open
Call IMTRA in New Bedford, 508-995-7000. They can provide you with a style of nozzle that attaches to the wiper arm and a transition fitting thru the windshield.

Quik Fix 16

Boat Make
Shamrock
Bought 5 of the spray nozzles. Gunna do a couple of my slow, wet Shamrocks. Only thing is the $24 shipping for these nozzles. But what is a guy gunna do.

Tcsteenjr21

First Name
Cj
Boat Make
35 JC Casco Bay "Mystery"
Thanks all, I will be sure to check that out. Bought a vetus system going to install it this weekend

Top Bottom