WTB Furuno RDP 149

Discussion in 'Precision Marine Center- Discount Electronics' started by Tom Stewart, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Tom Stewart

Tom Stewart Member

Boat Make:
    35' Henriques Maine Coaster
    Need the monitor only really...

Thanks,
    Tom

2. Wharf Rat

Wharf Rat Captain

Radar Tech
    Home Page:
    Boat Make:
    OPB
    I'm pretty sure I have a pair of nice and clean 149's but will have to confirm when I get back to HQ tomorrow. Any preference when it comes to Navionics or C-Map config? Or you just looking to get it for the radar and/or sounder?

3. Tom Stewart

Tom Stewart Member

Boat Make:
    Great

Navionics preferably.
    Office tel# 281-398-0001

I am trying to accomplish two things...
    1. Get a smaller footprint monitor for my radar...I have the 1942 MKII that is the size and weight of a midget.
    2. Would like to use it as a backup gps....so if you have the gps antennae that would be great too.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  4. Wharf Rat

Wharf Rat Captain

Radar Tech
    Home Page:
    Boat Make:
    OPB
    Could have sworn I had a pair of the 149's, but they are actually the RDP-139 displays. Identical to the 149 except the 139 is the original NavNet series. the NavNet Vx2 display was the 149 which allowed Sirius weather and AIS.
    All the units I have are C-Map, however the chart cards used in the NN1 are pretty difficult to find these days; the vx2 displays used standard SD cards. All that being mentioned, even with the Vx2, Furuno highly recommends getting the C-Map version (or flashing it from Navi to C-Map) unless you're able to get your hands on one of the older, smaller region Navionics charts.. Has to do with the huge coverage and size of cards and the slowing down of the machine as a result. Just giving a heads up. The displays I have would in fact work fine as a radar display replacement for the 1942MkII, same power cable even, however as a backup plotter the chart hunt will be expensive, and you'd still have to get a BBWGPS antenna. Good luck in the search, I'll be calling you to clarify this diatribe later once it's a reasonable hour Central Time..

5. Tom Stewart

Tom Stewart Member

Boat Make:
    How much for one of the 139's just to get the better display?

Thanks for your thorough explanation...

ts